Customer reviews

on 15 February 2012
I have a lot of books about art journaling and this is one of the ones I wish I hadn't bothered buying.

On the upside it does explain all the basics and there are step-by-step photos of techniques, so for beginners it gives the information you need to get started. The problem for me is the style of the authors' pages (and there's nothing else - no guest artists in this book). Their work is just not to my taste in terms of composition or finished look, so it's completely uninspiring for me.

I treasure my collection of art books but this one will probably be passed on.
7 people found this helpful
on 27 October 2010
If, like me, you've been tempted to start visual journals of your own but haven't really been sure where to start then this is an excellent, informal introduction to get you going. I've often been put off by the 'girly' nature of many other journal guides and found this to be a refreshing alternative to the hearts and glitter type. You don't need to be a fantastic artist to keep a visual journal and this book will give you great prompts to start making marks on those pristine clean pages!
13 people found this helpful
on 28 January 2013
What I really like about these guys is that their art journaling is not girly-pretty - there is so much girly-pretty-goddess type art and art journaling around at the moment, and that's fine, but this style of art journaling is very different and very refreshing.
6 people found this helpful
on 23 May 2014
This book says that it is 'Visual Ammunition for the Art Addict' and that is exactly what it is! I love art journals and scrapbooking but needed some new inspiration to make my pages different as mine were getting sameish and this book helped.
on 7 April 2016
Present for a frazzled friend, she reports loving it and has definitely been inspired
on 30 November 2013
I need to qualify here - I KNOW I WILL LOVE THIS BOOK - however the copy i received was poorly printed with words missing off the edge of pages...As it is an arty book I contacted the author to make sure it was not (as i was sure it wasn't) an artistic device and he confirmed that it must be a poorly printed book- I have yet to reorder ...BUT I WILL