Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 August 2010
As a long time Locker Hooker I awaited the arrival of this book with a mixture of excitement and trepidation as this "obscure craft" is rarely given the recognition it deserves. Oh happy day when it arrived! It is wonderful, surpassed my hopes, and Theresa Pulido has written a book which not only gives clear and basic instructions in how to Locker Hook but also lovely items which are enticingly and beautifully photographed and whose instructions for making them are clear and can be made by the experienced and beginner alike. She has given me ideas to further my primary craft and, so far, a "Banded Bangle", made the night I received the book, many more of which I'm sure I'll be making along with many of the other items contained in this book.

Locker Hooking is a craft which can be a good way of recycling if that is something you like to do as, so long as you can make a length out of something; plastic bag, fleece, old tee shirts, yarn, fabric offcuts, ribbons, beads, lace, found objects etc., you can locker hook with it, you can easily create beautiful, useable items. I very much hope there will be a sequel exploring more the possibilities this craft offers and perhaps using the small Locker Hook too but, in the meantime, this book will keep me busy, having given me tons of ideas for new projects and, hopefully, will introduce many, many, more people to this easy, versatile, quick and exciting craft. Very well done!
on 13 October 2010
if you have never seen this craft before this book is all you need to get you started with enough projects to get you inspired and detialed enough for a beginner. would recommend to anyone interested in locker hooking.
on 17 April 2012
Most if not all of the pages can be viewed by "opening" the on-line book. Therefore I was a tad disappointed that there was nothing extra when I actually got my hands on the real book!
As I already do various crafts using recycled fabrics, ribbon, yarns etc. I needed a kick start on this variation of a hooking method of rug-making that I already used.
It is good if you are new to this type of crafting; otherwise a bit basic.
on 19 December 2011
What I ordered, delivered promptly. This book is value for money and explains very clearly how do do this sort of craft work.
on 11 April 2013
I bought this book at the same time as Locking Loops because it had more great ideas for locker hooking projects. The instructions are clear and techniques are explained and well illustrated so it is suitable for beginners and, due to the ideas, more experienced locker hookers although the basics are the same as in Locking Loops, but this is to be expected as they are 'stand alone' books. I still feel that it is worth buying for the wealth of ideas.
on 28 September 2013
Just getting started on this intriguing and pretty craft with the help of this book.
Gives clear instructions on getting started and some projects too. Would recommend
to craft lovers looking for something a little different to try.
on 20 January 2013
Enjoyed reading this book. Haven't managed any projects yet but hope to in the future. On my ipad so I can take it with me anywhere.
on 26 August 2013
I bought this as a gift, and it is a super little book at a very good price. Excellent, colour photos and good information. Love to have a copy myself.
on 4 June 2014
Very clear and worth the wait. Everything extremely well explained. Only minor criticism, where can you buy items needed in the UK.
on 21 June 2013
very colourful and inspiring book. Have done hooking in the past, but this is quite different. Not sure I prefer this method.