on 14 October 2016
I've got both of the hoop n lock booms by this author. They are both great instruction books. Personally I'm not over the moon about most of the projects - only because the end result in my opinion is too bulky for bags/book covers. That's just my opinion mind, loads of people will love all the projects. But this is absolutely fantastic for rugs. The instructions are very clear, the photography and pictures of the projects are great. If you want to learn the locker hook technique, these are the books to buy.
on 17 April 2012
Most if not all of the pages can be viewed by "opening" the on-line book. Therefore I was a tad disappointed that there was nothing extra when I actually got my hands on the real book!
As I already do various crafts using recycled fabrics, ribbon, yarns etc. I needed a kick start on this variation of a hooking method of rug-making that I already used.
It is good if you are new to this type of crafting; otherwise a bit basic.
9 people found this helpful
on 11 April 2013
I bought this book at the same time as Locking Loops because it had more great ideas for locker hooking projects. The instructions are clear and techniques are explained and well illustrated so it is suitable for beginners and, due to the ideas, more experienced locker hookers although the basics are the same as in Locking Loops, but this is to be expected as they are 'stand alone' books. I still feel that it is worth buying for the wealth of ideas.
One person found this helpful
on 12 November 2017
Very useful book. Just working through it for hints and tips
on 4 June 2014
Very clear and worth the wait. Everything extremely well explained. Only minor criticism, where can you buy items needed in the UK.
on 26 August 2013
I bought this as a gift, and it is a super little book at a very good price. Excellent, colour photos and good information. Love to have a copy myself.
on 28 September 2013
Just getting started on this intriguing and pretty craft with the help of this book.
Gives clear instructions on getting started and some projects too. Would recommend
to craft lovers looking for something a little different to try.
on 7 March 2015
Love this book
on 27 April 2014
Good book, lots of ideas, easy to follow. Can't wait to start my project. Book right size for project bag.
on 16 March 2015