on 17 May 2011
This book is a great start for beginners and a great reference for those who know what they're doing and want to lean more about watercolour & Chinese painting. Particularly helpful to me are the pieces on creating a painting - design, balance, composition etc. The instructions and demos are clear and most of all, very inspiring!
A beautiful painter and great teacher.
on 9 August 2009
For me this is the best flower painting tutorial I have come across so far. Lian Quan Zhen's paintings have so much life in them; if I ever achieve half his skill I will be happy.
on 8 September 2013
I was using this book from the library, but found I could not live without it, so had to buy my own copy. I find this style of painting unlocks and frees up my painting style. A style of painting, east meets west.
on 27 July 2013
The book is very beautifull, nice pictures and lessons. The lessons are easy to follow. This book met my expectations.
on 13 March 2011
I love Chinese brush painting and painting in watercolours. If you want to apply techniques from both styles to your painting and you enjoy a free-flowing rather abstract style of painting yourself, then this is for you. It is easy to follow and has really good tips and tutorials. An excellent buy.
on 20 March 2015
Beautiful book and delighted with service from seller. Arrived sooner than expected (from US to UK) and although described as 'good condition' only the dust cover showed slight wear, the book itself is perfect. As other books by Lian Quan Zhen, it is inspirational to leaf through and joy to read his own interpretation of East meets West using watercolour and inks so gloriously.
on 20 January 2013
Another style of painting. which is so exciting, bold colours and free expression, Explained very well, and easy to follow .
on 22 December 2014
excellent book would use supplier again
on 11 January 2015
all ok
on 26 July 2013
This is such a wonderful and inspiring book. It is by far my favourite art book and is so colourful and explicit.