Customer reviews

on 13 July 2010
My first camera was a point and shoot easy to use, but when I bought the Nikon D3000 I was at a loss trying to fathom out the instructions that came with it. It was suggested by the salesman in the shop where I purchased the camera that I should buy the Magic Lantern Guide. Best thing I ever did the book is always with me, easy to understand and with helpful instructions.
on 11 May 2010
This is a easy to read, clear and in plain english not jargon talk !!!!

A must buy for all new S.L.R owners
on 30 September 2015
Have to refer to this fairly often and it is very informative. Far better than going online
as far as I am concerned anyway.
on 14 August 2010
As an amateur SLR photographer i wanted a book which was simple to use and showed me exactly what to do in different photography situations and what type of settings i needed. I found this book hard to use as a beginner so wouldn't recommend it to any amateur, but if you know your basic stuff about the nikon D3000 then this book would be perfect as it has many hints and tips that a more experienced photographer would benefit from.
on 5 February 2016
A good, comprehensive guide but not for a novice unless in possession of a Phd. Very technical and, if you have used an SLR or DSLR before you may well be able to get to grips. I am doing a night school course on photography and am now beginning to find the book useful.