on 4 July 2011
I bought the book because of the reviews.
However All the projects in this little book are in less then 58 PAGES and the book has ONLY 60 PAGES.

There are some braiding, and more then HALF of The Book are Chain Mail/Jump Rings.
So, The book should be called Chain Mail without the Finish touches or Jump Rings Finish yourself.

If I wanted book on Jump Rings I would have bought a Jump Rings/Chain Mail book and not a "wire" book as its is showing on the cover.
I thought I was going to find some gorgeous wire work (finished pieces) which did not happened.

ALL the projects are UNFINISHED which is a terrible thing for you to buy a book that does not teach you how to finish the piece, and the so called "explanations" are drawings, and not Step By Step Pictures; Which is annoying.
There are no many arrows showing where to go with the "wire" and where its coming from; REALLY CONFUSING.

The book IS NOT As Shown on the Cover. Waste of Money & Time. Don't Waste Yours.
on 21 July 1999
I bought this book online without seeing it first. It is not what I expected. I believe the title of this book is broad and general, and does not describe the true nature of its content. I expected more variety.
This technique might be better described as 'knitting or crocheting' with wire. The results are strands or braids of knitted wire, and only a limited type of jewelry can be made from these strands. The strands in the book look like they are machine made, and all items are a variation on that single type. I have seen this kind of thing in costume jewelry stores. It is not immediately recognizeable as a handcraft. I can not envision putting in the time to create a handcrafted item that looks so 'manufactured'.
on 26 April 1999
This author has written books in Danish, with projects for those who like wire-jewelry in silver.The picture on the cover of "Great Wire Jewelry" is the same as in those Danish books, so I know - this is the most interesting book a "wireworker" can buy! I'm a professional "wireworker", I make chains like these for sale.When I started there was no books, but even I have found new patterns inspiring my work in Irene From Petersens books ! This author explains the wirework in easyunderstandable drawings and with lots of nice photos of the vikingjewelry.They really are great!!!!!!
on 17 July 1999
Although a beginner could do a lot of these projects, it could become frustrating as they move toward more difficult patterns. The jump spring forming around the mandrell and the cutting techniques are traditional and standard techniques but there are other less traditional shortcuts. It would have been nice to put in some of those shortcuts, which we all learn with experience, to help the novice. However, over time, we all develop our own techniques which work better for us. An excellent book and I would recommend anyone to buy for daily use and as a reference book that you will look back on and use frequently. Great Work.
on 19 July 1999
What a find! Learn how to make chain mail and "viking knit" chain jewelry. Of particular interest to textile crafters, beaders and Renaissance Festival reenactors and enthusiasts. This info is unavailable elsewhere, as my 5-year search can attest. Inspiring photos. Clear graphics. Projects graded from 1-4 "Vikings". Warning: Have pliers and plenty of jump rings handy--you'll want to dive right in!
on 30 June 2013
Stylish take on a historic art form. Clear instructions with the possibility to add personal features should you wish so to do.
on 5 September 2011
This in an excellent inspiring book for anyone wishing to explore wire jewelry. It has clear well drawn diagrams and easy to follow instructions for the actual techniques and finished projects. I found the chapter on Viking Knit to be the most useful. Now that I have mastered the technique I am finding it addictive!
on 23 January 2012
Love this, it is a tiny bit more about chainne mail (sorry not sure how to spell that) than I thought but that was quite nice. Lovely pictures that are really inspiring and good instructions.
on 23 November 2011
easy to follow and very interesting book. The explanation on how to make viking stitches are straight forward. Am looking forward to atempt making my first viking bracelet.
on 9 February 2013
An interesting book. Needs a clear head to fully understand one or two points as the pictures are poorly reproduced and are economical on information