on 19 April 2013
I've just started to have a go at freehand embroidery and wanted a book with ideas and basic knowledge. Hoped this would be okay and very glad I purchased it. Lots of ideas and designs that can be traced. Come with a cd (although haven't got around to looking at that). Nice pictures and good information. I will find this book very useful and would recommend.
on 11 July 2011
This is a great book for anyone looking for small designs to stitch. There are a variety of subjects covered including designs for babies, cute forest animals, circus and more sophisticated flowers and trees. There is also a collection of ideas for these designs and my favourites are the wood necklaces and brooches. Simple designs stitched onto thin balsa wood. I have made these and given them as much appreciated gifts.
Good value for money and the accompanying CD allows you to enlarge the designs easily and print out your own larger patterns using a mixture of the designs available.
on 11 August 2011
The images are beautifully drawn and you are guided to a few more free sticheries through the book - great idea. I will incorporate some of the doodles into my own work.
Unfortunately, I can't get the cd to work on my computer. It did not just load and play automatically.
on 27 August 2015
Love these collection books by Aimee Ray. Gives me all the instructions that I need for my project.
on 19 October 2014
Already a cross-stitcher, wanted to try embroidery and this book is wonderful. Has great instructions and beautiful images to give ideas for your own patterns, or hoopla creations or just embellishing clothes.
on 26 July 2015
This book is full of fun little projects to do, you will never get bored with this book.
on 18 February 2012
Huge variety of images to copy and different projects to follow. There is a cd to download the images to your computer as well. The only downside I would say is that on the library of images at the back there are no hints or suggestions as to which stitch to use but that is such a minor point.
on 11 January 2014
Bought this to add to my stitching and sewing library. I have used the book for a few projects and it has given me ideas on quite a few occasions.
on 12 October 2015
nice enough, yet to find time to doodle
on 27 January 2013
I chose it for my sister who has just got into sewing, she found it really good had all the intructions for each stitch she she wanted to try.
She would recommend it