Customer reviews

on 8 June 2010
'Where Women Create' have done it again another beautiful, inspiring book of stunning studios and beautiful art work. The book is crammed full with beautiful photos, with lots of close up of 'bits and pieces' in the studios, and lots of ideas for storage. I found that there is more reading in this book and more of a inside look of the artist than maybe the other books but I enjoyed the read and think it matches the visuals to a tee! Like the other 'where Women Create' books I feel I will be picking this book up time and time again.

The cover has a stunning studio featured but it is only a glimpse, a taster of whats to come inside this studio book is an art book you will most definitely want on your shelf! I truly feel it is money well spent!
on 10 August 2010
This is one of my favourite books....its SO pretty..and the photographs are wonderful..its inspiring...so very inspiring..in fact as you look at the pictures you just want to 'make something'!!!
So many ideas..and the artists in the book seem so 'open' about themselves..and you realise 'its not just ME that feels that way about 'stuff'!!!
I have the 'Where Women create' book also..which is also wonderful...but this 'Book of Inspiration' is the one i'm picking up ALL the time....
LOVE IT!!!!
on 10 April 2011
I found this book in the library and what a treat it is! Full of the most beautiful intricate photographs of womens creative environments and work areas. What is so striking about the photographs of each woman is that their art is so inherently different from each other, so you're left full of inspiration after reading their tips and hints (especially for an organized art space!).

I'll be buying this asap. Would recommend to all.
on 2 July 2011
this book is truly inspiring .... really pleased i bought it ... its going to be my all time favourite ...i just love going through it.. its not even going on my book case ... its staying on my desk ready to flick though when im taking 5 minutes......having just sorted my self a sewing room out ... this book just confirmed that im not alone in wanting my own space to create ...if your thinking of buying it...... dont hesitate a minute longer you truly wont be disapointed !!!
on 19 July 2011
I'm really glad all of you liked it but I really loathe this book. I think its really badly written, almost as if its translated from another language. Some of it doesnt even make sense! Also, if I read the phrase "vintage teasures" once more I thought I would scream. Yes, we get it, you all make things from discarded and unwanted objects. Its the biggest load of whimsy I ever came across. However there is obviously a market for this type of thing, so good on the authors for recognising this and making a living from it.