on 30 September 2007
It truly is super, happy, crochet cute! Great projects, great layout. Directions are clear. Photos are so inspirational! I want to make everything in this book! The only other way to get patterns this great, is to buy Japanese crochet books, and struggle through the lack of English. You will not be sorry if you buy this book. It is really worth it, for beginning or intermediate crocheters. I'm not that advanced, so I can't speak for those caliber of crocheters.
on 5 January 2008
I am an advanced (IMHO) crocheter and I thought I had nothing new to learn but I have picked up some little gems from this book. My children love the toys and some of the other projects, like the cheese burger or fish bone, are very silly, pointless but really fun to make.
on 19 February 2010
There is so much to make in this book, and designs are cute.
It has great instruction on how to crochet the stitches required to make the objects, and would suit a beginner wanting to explore this wonderful craft.
It also starts with the easy objects working through to the harder.
Great Buy!
on 22 July 2010
I bought this book b/c I want to create lil gifts for the inner child in all my friends. I have been crocheting for 2 yrs and this book has taught me some techniques I have never used before. I plan on giving it to my 17 yr old niece. It may just start her on a life time hobby, hopefully!
on 19 October 2009
I found the patterns very easy to follow. The 'gurumis are really sweet especially Strawbeary with her spiky red hair and Mary Jane shoes. I have been inspired to adapt the patterns to come up with my own designs. The book is well set out with easy to read text and nice little touches like the blog style posts. There is also great information on the best materials to use- yarns, stuffing, eyes, embellishments etc. A guide on how to do various stitches and increasing/decreasing. Everything I need to know is in this book. There is a nice little section on hand exercises and massage which I found very beneficial. So if you want to crochet, among other things a sausage dog, a hamburger or a flip flop wearing monkey the get this book-it's ACE!!!!
on 8 October 2011
This is a lovely book. It's colourful and detailed and easy to navigate. Having shown it to friends I already have requests for several gifts as the characters all look so appealing
on 4 March 2013
An interesting book; some of the projects are a little too involved for me as I like quick things to make but I do plan to make more from this book once I retire!
on 5 January 2013
Book arrived on time and in excellent condition.Was bought as a gift for daughter in law. She liked it but it is not something I would buy for myself. The characters do not inspire me.
on 4 July 2011
This book has some lovely ideas in it for making kids toys. Great if you are creative (and have time!!). The toys would make lovely unique gifts for friends/family with children.
on 10 December 2010
I bought this book because I love amigurumi but I was really dissapointed with this book. The pictures are fab but this craft should be simple, and these patterns seems like too much effort and hassle. There are better books out there for this craft.