on 13 August 2011
I enjoy this version. It's given me fresh insights into some Bible passages. It doesn't claim to be an accurate translation, it is a paraphrase and, as such, should be read alongside a more traditional version but what it does, it does well.
But now for the Kindle edition wish list. A few changes would have made a big difference (and earn an extra star). I know that Kindle books can't have 'headers' because the text size could change what is on the page but it would be great if there was some quick way to check which book you are in. The layout does have a chapter and verse reference at the start of each paragraph eg [6.7-8] but it would be great if this included an abbreviated Book reference eg. [Rev. 6.7-8] With a key for Book abbreviations, it would be easy for a reader to look up a reference.
2. Please let the table of contents give a link to the start of the Bible text rather than the summary pages. By the time I've found something in this book, it's far to late for me to use it during a sermon.
3 people found this helpful
on 18 June 2012
I was amazed when this downloaded in seconds.

It is very useful for clarification of passages that might not be understood well. Not only good for young people, but older people, too who find the everyday language more accessible. I couldn't get it to print out from my Kindle for Mac but I was able to do a print screen for using passages in services to save laboriously typing them out.

A good Bible for modern life.
on 10 December 2013
Honestly I was a bit skeptical first but when I started having a taste of it I absolutely loved it from the start. It's such a inspiring and fresh translation. Though mordern language is used it does not lose its depth. I can only recommend it specifically to those who have a hart time with reading on regular base! Not only for young people, though! Fresh and inspiring!
on 25 June 2017
Love this version of the bible bought this for our 11yr old son and he reads from it most nights
on 18 November 2017
LOVE THIS version of the bible highly recommend!!!
on 8 January 2017
The Bible in simple English. Good for use in addition to the standard versions, often quoted in Christian study books.
on 1 March 2017
Second hand but good condition. This book is easier to read than the bible making it easier to understand.
on 19 July 2011
When I was first introduced to the message, I was somewhat taken aback by its style. I found it very brash and American (which it is) and was not at all what I expected. I found some of the Americanisms grated on me - and to be honest, they still do sometimes.

The main point though is that it makes the Bible relevant to today. I have gained new insights from reading it. I would not recommend it is a main Bible, but it makes a great additional source. If you can get past the American language then I am sure it can help you see the Bible in a new way.
One person found this helpful
on 2 June 2014
I love this version of the bible, I use it everyday in conjunction with Scripture Union's Daily Bread - it's nice and easy to understand for giving you that meaningful spiritual boost before the working day starts - the only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is that as a purist I would like to see an English version as opposed to this American/English version, but please don't let that put you off.
One person found this helpful
on 14 February 2013
on the kindle it works but the navigation is frustrating, go to table of contents then go to start of bible book but then you are faced with pages of the introduction which you have to turn to then find the list of chapters...that is annoying, but yes a good read not one for study group though as too slow