on 23 May 2018
Taking Chase is a book I've read a few times, but not for a number of years. And so when I saw Lauren Dane had refreshed and rereleased this series I decided to pick up this particular story. As for some reason it's not one I originally purchased in Kindle format.

And I'm glad I did. As it reminded me what a great story this is, and I thought the changes Lauren Dane made, although subtle worked well. Plus, the Chase brothers Shane, Kyle, Matt and Marc are all really great. And I thought Cassie was perfect for Shane. As she doesn't take any of his crap. But is also a strong, resilient and brave female lead character. Who is slowly rebuilding her life after surviving an abusive and controlling ex husband. And I really enjoyed the development of their relationship and the feeling of family this story has to offer.

And I would happily recommend Taking Chase to others.
on 19 January 2011
Well, this certainly lived up to the standard set by the first book in this series. The story of Shane and Cassie doesn't disappoint.

Lauren Dane is a gifted author who has a talent for showing the best and worst of human behaviour.

Whilst Shane is no saint, his love for Cassie manages to transform a man who has been emotionally inhibited since the painful breakdown of a past relationship. The man has 'issues'. However, compared to Cassie's issues, they almost pale into insignificance. Cassie is having to cope with the memories/consequences of a truly horrific past.

This beautiful story shows how, together, they learn of open up with one another and eventually trust. The Chase family, as usual, rally around them both.

Cassie's ex, Terry, is an evil monster of a character, written with a suitable level of menace by Lauren. I am now looking forward to reading the next book...this series is a treat.
7 people found this helpful
on 11 July 2011
This is the second book in this series about the Chase brothers. I really enjoyed the firstGiving Chase (The Chase Brothers, Book 1). But this story is even better. Cassie Gambol arrives in the town of Petal, and is immediately rear ended in her car by Polly Chase she is the Mother of the four handsome chase boys, that is Cassie's first introduction to Shane Chase Petal's sheriff. Shane realises straight away that Cassie is hiding something and is determined to find out what it is. But he is also attracted to her, Cassie also finds Shane attractive, but she has had terrible life experiences and is determined to live her life by her own rules, and as Shane is a take charge guy they have a few disagreements.as the months pass they are gradually building a relationship Shane was betrayed in a past relationship and issues of his own to deal with, but when Cassie's history come to light he is amazed how strong she is. He still wants to help and protect her. This was a really great story, the issues in this book suffered by the heroine were dealt with a very sympathetic way, the relationship between Cassie and Shane was wonderful. Seeing how their characters change coming to terms with what had happened especially to Cassie. Their chemistry was explosive the love scenes were hot and passionate. To sum up this was a fabulous book, HIGHLY RECOMMEND
on 14 December 2016
I liked Cassie from the very beginning, her dry wit appealed to me. She's the very strong woman Shane Chase needed, and I enjoyed working through her deep routed problems with to enable her to become Mrs Shane Chase.
on 18 August 2014
I enjoyed this as much as the first Chase Brothers book. the characters are wonderful & Lauren Dane does it again with another superb story. Highly recommended!
on 23 June 2013
Lauren dane keeps this series fresh by keeping alot of the same cahracters but adding it the little details you first see in the other books, its the same reliable people but in very different(but awesome) situations.
on 11 February 2014
Well written and plotted, kept me reading till the end , will be reading more of this author.
on 11 December 2013
loved all books in series. Each brother has individual story and you don't need to read them all in order to enjoy 1 book but would recommend reading them all
on 26 November 2015
Love this series
on 23 April 2013
I like the genre as it is easy to read and feel good. I am not keen on reading books in a series, but I enjoyed this.