on 22 October 2017
I gave up after a few chapters - it's boring, repetitive and poorly written.
The premise is ridiculous and I wasn't remotely interested in discovering the "back story".
Even the sex scenes get boring after a while!!!
on 18 April 2017
Addicted to these books love them would recommend.
on 6 March 2014
This was an extremely hot mmmf story. The Colter brothers want a wife just the one between them.
All the hotness aside, it was a sweet love story too. Naughty but nice. Loved it.
on 8 March 2012
I am finding these trilogy books far too repetative. You know what to expect, which kind of spoils the reading for you gets quite boring.
on 1 August 2007

Adam, Ethan, and Ryan have everything they want in life with the exception of one thing - a woman who will complete them. They've planned and dreamed of the day they'd finally find a woman who incites the passion in all three of them and is strong enough to love and accept each in return. They'd just about lost hope until Adam trudged out to get the mail and finds Holly laying unconscious in the snow only yards from their home.

Holly is running from the man she married. She's been running scared since her wedding night when she saw her new husband commit murder. She was still running when her car broke down at the base of a mountain where the Colter brothers hunting lodge sits. She'd walked to their lodge, but lost consciousness before reaching the door. Next thing she knows, she's buck naked in a bathtub full of warm water with a gorgeous man standing over her. As if that isn't enough of a shock to a girl's system, there are two more men waiting in another room and all three of them want to keep her - forever.

The Colter brothers agree that Holly is everything they want in the woman who will become their wife, lover, and eventually the mother of their children. Convincing her that they're serious about wanting her to stay is going to be a bit trickier than any of them anticipated. Holly is determined to keep running. Not only is her husband a dangerous man, but she's also confused by her own desires for Adam, Ethan, and Ryan. Being so turned on by all three men at the same time makes her a whore, doesn't it? The brothers are going to have to do some serious explaining about their intentions toward her and why her attraction to all of them is acceptable and even desired. Helping her to get a divorce as quickly as possible is imperative, but not nearly as important as keeping her safe from the man who wants nothing more than to see her dead.

Maya Banks COLTERS' WOMAN is an awesome story full of emotional turmoil, hot sweaty sex, and enough suspense to keep readers anxiously reading through each scene with bated breath. Adam, Ethan, and Ryan each have vastly different personalities and needs. Holly is faced with the prospect of trying to figure out their quirks and how best to deal with each man. It's a bit overwhelming but she's up to the task. This book is chock full of scenes that will have you close to tears one minute and laughing out loud, all while chewing anxiously on your fingernails. The emotional bond that develops between the Colter brothers and Holly is a key factor throughout the story and readers won't soon forget any of these wonderful characters.. Beautiful job, Maya! You've more than fulfilled my expectations with this endearing tale.

Chrissy Dionne (courtesy of Romance Junkies)
on 29 January 2008
Wow! I now envy people who haven't read this book, as I wish I could read it all again for the first time! I have just finished this book, read it in one sitting which tells you how much I enjoyed it. I couldn't put it down! I agree with the other reviewer - it does seem to move a little fast - but this doesn't take anything away from it. Its a hot read, great emotional (& hot)sex scenes that are some of the best I've ever read. This is my first read from this author but certainly wont be my last. I also recommend Lora Leigh's Forbidden Pleasures which is almost as good as this. A definate must read!
on 19 April 2010
I rue the time spent reading it and the money wasted buying it.

As my introduction to the genre I bought it based on the excellent reviews and was thoroughly disappointed.

Most of the characters were unlikeable. The heroine was childish, insipid and generally TSTL and the heroes were at turns pushy and moody (Adam),relatively OK (Ryan) or totally underdeveloped (Ethan). While I know that menage is mostly fantasy I just didn't buy it that Holly could go from naíve virgin to full on foursome sex in the space of a day. The premise of the foursome being a viable way of life because it had been done by the fathers and mother before them also didn't seem very sound.

The sex scenes were ok but because I was cringing with all the other problems - the crappy characters, the pet names for the heroine (doll, baby and whatever else), the seriously lacking storyline et al, I can't say I really enjoyed them. It was like the writer had some hot sex scenes and just wove a crappy story to tie them together.

This book has made me weary of anything by Maya Banks, altho' I can see she has an enormous following.

On the plus side I purchased Lauren Dane's Laid Bare at the same time, and that saved my interest. If you want a hot and sexy story, buy that instead.
33 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 26 October 2007
to move too quickly for words. Holly is found in the snow by the eldest of three brothers, having fled from her husband on her wedding night. However, she's not in the slightest traumatised, despite coming to and finding herself naked in his arms in the bath. One minute she's kissing him, then the other and then the other brother, and seems to embrace a menage relationship with little questioning, even though she is still a virgin.
However, the rest of the book works fine, with Holly falling in love with all of the brothers, to varying degrees, and agreeing fully to be theirs. Add the stalker ex, a plot to save Holly from him forever, and you do have a really decent erotica/romantica read. I have bought other books by this author off the back of this book.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 April 2016
I found it really hard to get into this book. I thinks the plot the problem, the relationship between the three brothers and the heroine was so quickly established with very little build up and from then on it was sex sex sex with very few hitches along the way. The rest of the plot is frothy and insipid with very little real tension or adventure, it seems merely a device to bridge the gap between different permutations of sexual exploits. The atmosphere of the relationship they establish is cosy snuggley sickly sweet, mutual respect, love and acceptance with not a hint of jealousy, distrust or misunderstanding along the way. I just couldn't buy into it. There is a lot of sex in this book – the scenes are well written and quite different from your average romance, there is no lack of steamy detail here, it is the one part of the book that real works well. I have read other Maya banks books and really enjoyed them - she is a author i will come back to, just not this series of books.
For me this book really lacked a bit of heart – for all its cosy fireside snuggles it just seemed a little cold.
on 22 November 2008
Colters' Woman

This book has it all! It's got great sex scenes, good character development (though I think Maya Banks could have done more with Ethan), and a gripping plot.

I was a newcomer to menage stories - I liked the Nathaniel, Micah & Anita mix that Laurell K.Hamilton has done, and this prompted a desire to read a story focusing solely on this kind of relationship (and without going overboard on the sex like Hamilton now has). Colter's Woman is, in my opinion, the perfect introduction to such a genre.

The instant connection all the characters feel is a bit unbelievable, but aside from that it's actually a high-standard romance book...that just so happens to focus on a menage a quatre & has some extremely hot sex in it because of this (that can only be a plus right?!).

The plot itself is a good'n'juicy one. Holly is on the run from her husband of a day, after witnessing him killing someone in cold blood, not to mention beating her up. She ends up in the Mountains and stumbles across the Colter Brother's' hunting lodge. Feeling an instant connection with Holly the brothers immediately notice a)that she's obviously in trouble, and b)that they all share an intense attraction towards her.

Acting on these two facts the brothers set about trying to get Holly to stay with them, so they can protect her and see where their attraction takes them. Along the path to true love they have to face the very real & immediate threat Holly's husband poses.

I've already re-read this twice & I only got it 3 days ago!

I briefly said Ethan could have done with more character development - Adam has an ex-girlfriend and Ryan has an angsty past that still effects him, but despite Ethan's lack of either he still does a great job of fulfilling the role of cuddler. I'll admit I was worried Holly would get on my nerves; I mean, here's a woman who has 3 hot guys after her, how can an author possibly keep this character from being big-headed/a whore?! Luckily Maya strikes the right balance!

Holly is quite a timid woman - she was the only daughter of wealthy parents who died & left her with a sizable trust fund. After which she shortly came to know the man she ended up marrying; a man who only wanted her for her money & who used the fact that Holly was a lonely young woman to his advantage.

This unhealthy relationship handily explains the speed with which she accepts the brothers, and yet also provides one of Holly's main worries. Is she simply used to being told what to do & looking for someone new to control her life?

Under the guidance of the brothers Holly comes out of her shell, and becomes more confident & brave - a fact the brothers no doubt rue at one point in particular (read the book, you'll know what I mean!).

Be prepared to cry if you do get this book though; it does such a brilliant job of pulling you into the characters' relationship that I felt every bit of turmoil they did!

Oh & for anyone worried about the sex being too kinky or something...
There's no bdsm or bondage of any kind.
There is however plenty of kinky positions & 3 men sharing 1 woman.
It's not over the top, and I thought it was quite realistic (apart from the first sex scene; I don't think real men are capable of that!), which is another reason why I really recommend this book. Maya manages to strike the balance between a book to snuggle in bed with, and one that makes you sweat.