Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 February 2008
Loved it!! A gay romance with a twist - hunky, macho men by day but hairy, scary warewolves by night! The story is surprisingly touching and real, despite the supernatutral element which actually adds depth and interest to the saga. The ending was a little rushed but with such scorching love scene's.... who cares!!! Enjoy!
on 15 May 2008
What an imagination! A fabulous love story between two hot men, a vet and an historian It sounds like a strange mix but not as strange as the fact that they turn into werewolves during a full moon. A great read. I found it hard to put down and was actually sorry when it ended.
on 31 August 2009
I know far more about vampires than werewolves, so, apart from the gay content, I was very interested to read this. I knew about silver bullets and the monthly change, but did not know that werewolves were mainly male (very few females), that they mate for life, and that they recognize their mate instantly - or at least according to this author.
I was surprised to find that the author is a woman, as she writes so well about men, but I have to admit that once the 2 main characters got together, the sexual couplings got a bit repetative.
Taking that on board, it's a good read, although being a thriller, there is a (fairly obvious) villain unmasked at the end.
on 25 October 2012
I liked this book enough but it wasn't amazing. I read so many good reviews that at times I wondered if I were reading the same book. The sex was okay but got repetetive after a while and at times the different names the characters called one another by got me confused.

I also found that the thriller plot just added boring details that I didn't really want. All in all I didn't really get along with this book that well and nearly gave up on the author as its the first of hers I'd read. I'm so glad I didn't and that I read Tin Star because I really enjoyed that book. Maybe this one just had too much going on for me.

Also - there's the whole thing that shifter romances seem to have where the family is just a bit too close and discuss sex and mating with their kids in a way that I often find a bit weird and squicky. Doesn't matter if its gay shifters, straight shifters or bi-shifters. I've yet to read a shifter book that doesn't have this weird dichotomy. It's a dark supernatural idea, with hot sex and then these really overly sweet and cutesy family relations. It's really kind of odd.

Having said all that, it sounds like I hated this and I didn't. It was enjoyable enough and maybe it's just because I want someone to write a darker, less 'we're all happy families together' shifter book that I sound so irritated.

I definitely enjoyed Tin Star more though.
on 18 May 2011
I purchased all three at the same time and read one a day over three days. Story line is great and could have been expanded more. The Graphic gay sex goes on too long ( I tended to skip it halfway through book 2. All in all a great read and good story-line / plot. Unless you're into a lot of graphic gay sex, you can easily skip these bits and move with the story. Great romance, even the wolves are cuddly.
on 6 September 2010
Langley has possibly created the greatest gay fantasy romance book of the decade. This story concentrates on character and romance, as two werewolves find a way to live and love together with the support of their respective families, as their lives are overshadowed by an unknown assasin. Only one subplot - created to very sensibly capitalise on the success of this book with a sequel - makes for a simple but satisfying story that is both enthanting and comforting at the same time.
on 9 July 2010
These books are certainly not without. I found the content, characterisation and flow of the story just worked so well. Can't wait for the next one.
on 29 November 2011
I loved this book and would recomend it to any lovers of werewolf fiction or just m/m fiction. The fantastic pairing of chay and keaton will make you laugh cry and horny within a single chapter .This book explores the boundries of love and fate .MUST BUY 5 STARS
on 27 August 2009
thr genre of this book was very mixed , its got majorly the romance of these two , but also its about finding yourself and not caring about what others think. with many pages with erotic man love , i enjoyed this book very much. the sex doesnt seem out of place ,the way jl langley wrote it.there is a bit of mystery as to who is targetting them and to be perfectly i never expected the ending , i never saw it coming .... definely the best book that j.l langley has written *5 out of 5* from me
on 10 April 2009
I definitely enjoyed the book, which was well written, with nice character development. It portrayed a strong relationship, and I was able to identify with the characters. However, the story was a bit simple, and I feel I was able to correctly guess what happened next.

But if you're looking for something enjoyable to read, with a good plotline and a hint of the supernatural, then I definitely recommend this book