on 16 May 2013
After buying so many books and taking so many classes on art journaling, looking for that perfect one, this one is it.

This is the book that teaches hat you need to learn to art in your own style and to art in the style of the author

Excellent. Cannot praise highly enough.

From the dozens of books I have bought this is the first time I have written a review. It would have been rude not too.
on 11 April 2013
This book is fantastic. If you want to learn new techniques for you journal then I recommend you buy this book.
I have never had a book as good as this in terms of inspiration, Clear instructions, techniques, and just about everything else - it is, in my opinion faultless.
I love it, I love it, I love it.....
on 6 April 2014
I bought this book in spite of being aware of some less than favourable reviews. Although it's not my top favourite art journal book, it's certainly worth having. Lots of clear advice and tips and I have learned lots of things I didn't know. Also if you like (love!) Dina Wakley's style, you will enjoy seeing the art examples throughout the book. Very satisfied.
on 22 March 2013
I have bought other art journal books in the past but this one surpasses them all! It's like having Dina in the room with you: educating, inspiring and supporting you every step of the way. She is a supreme artist with extensive knowledge and she shares it in an easy to read friendly fashion with step by step photos and examples. Don't hesitate - this book is brilliant!!
on 29 September 2013
I like this book, and she gives interesting examples, talking knowledgeably about form, composition and balance. As a self-taught mixed media artist, this fills in the 'art college' gaps in my knowledge. Very much her own style, and sometimes a bit samey. But good nevertheless.
on 4 July 2017
I love Dina's work so was excited to get this book. I have been journaling for years but still feel this had loads of useful tips and gorgeous images of Dina's pages. A lovely book that works if you are new to it or not.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 March 2013
Dina Wakley is an amazing artist and an amazing teacher too. This book is full of the most fabulous inspirational art journal pages, but is also helpful and instructional too. Dina teaches you all the rules, and then tells you can break them! This is a must-have for anyone interested in mixed-media art and/or art journaling.
on 23 September 2014
Some great ideas to help with jounaling
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 May 2013
This book is brilliant, for people like me who haven't gone to art college Dina explains the fundamentals of art and what makes it work ......or sometimes in my case 'not work' !!! Lol but at least with a more technical understand of things like composition it means that hopefully when my art does work it will be more of the norm and less of an accident !!! .....great book :0)
on 20 April 2013
Because I am a fan of Dina's style I could not wait for this to be published and so bought the Kindle version which was available earlier . The book is full of beautiful illustrations . It is very well set out easy to read and informative. Many mixed media books are great eye candy but this one also explains some basic art principles which have helped me compose a more interesting and balanced page through trying the techniques and projects . Loved it so much had to buy the paper version too .