Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 March 2013
I have not been scrapbooking for long and needed some help on the finishing touches - this book has really helped me, lots of ideas I would never of thought of, would definitely recommend.
on 24 April 2010
I really enjoy scrappbooking books and always find lots of inspiration and ideas in their pages. Kick it Up has a unique twist on the usual page after page of super layouts but with no information on how to get to super from just mediocre. I often look at my own layouts and think 'well, what would I do to bring this page from something I like to something I love?'. This book has those answers. Sometimes, it's that the title is not bold enough. The photos are good, but the focus of them is lost because of the traditional 6x4 dimensions. By showing the 'before' and 'after' layouts, the book shows you just where those changes can be made. There is also some explanation as to how the thought process occurred which is useful.

I would recommend this book to non-beginners and non-designers. You need to be somewhere in between knowing the basics and looking to take your scrapbooking to the next level. If you are already at that level, then you probably won't gain much from the book as you already have that special something in your back pocket!
on 1 January 2010
This is a book I will return to often. It has inspired me to further develop scrapbook pages I had already planned and has given me a slant on how I can add more zing to my future pages. I think it would be useful for beginners but particularly those with a bit more experience. The text describes in a straightforward way how a page has been 'kicked up' to make more impact. By showing the before and after it is easy to see this and to be inspired by it. I would have given the book 5 stars but my one reservation is that the structure which is under broad headings like journalling and embellishments is not broken down any further which makes it difficult for those with lesser experience like myself to identify specific ideas to apply to scrapbook pages. Having said this I think as I keep returning to it I will find it more and more useful which always makes a book excellent value for money!
on 15 October 2011
Fantastic book that gives you so many layouts and certainly makes you think about how to add that special something to your own layouts. Lots of different ideas that can eaisly be tailored to suit your photos. I'm so glad I bought this book as I'm sure I will be referring to it again and again. A must-have for all scrapbook enthusiasts.
on 1 October 2013
Excellent and fun ideas. interesting layouts and how to improve them. would recommend to both beginners and the more experienced scrapbookers
on 21 March 2013
There are some very good tips and layouts in this book; some of the layouts are exceptional. This is a good reference book to dip into.
on 1 April 2013
Excellent book. Ideal for someone like me, who is trying to make an effort to be a little bolder in my scrapbooking.
on 3 June 2015