on 8 June 2018
SO GLAD TO GET THIS BEFORE I COULDNT ANYMORE , REALLY GREAT CONDITION , ALMOST NEW !!!!!
on 5 November 2013
good thorough book, contains all basic information about the camera and some further stuff about lens etc. gives a good guide for setting up camera for multiple shoot scenarios.
on 12 January 2015
Yep a great book which is easy to follow and understand the functionality and menu systems on your D300. I would have been lost without this book and as you can see by it's thickness - there is a lot to take onboard.
on 16 September 2014
Bought this as a present for my Dad who just bought a used D300. He couldn't be happier, so it must be a good buy
on 10 January 2016
very good read
on 10 February 2014
Very comprehensive,clear and concise. Photos very helpful. Big lump of a book, not a field guide but not what it set out to be I'm
sure. Makes the Nikon guide redundant. Well worth the money. Great
on 4 June 2015
very good
on 31 July 2014
Essential reading
HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 December 2008
As mentioned elsewhere, I am in the process of converting from film to digital photography and there are certain aspects which I have found quite daunting. Over the past few months I have studied several books and tutorial DVDs on the subject as that process of conversion continues. I have also attended courses run by Nikon (UK) and it was on the first of those I was introduced to this book. My fellow student insisted this was the best available on the subject and I have come to the conclusion he was right.

Of course, there are those whose expertise is already at a well advanced level who seem to delight in purchasing products such as this just to write a less than praiseworthy review. It's called showing off! Take it from someone who has studied the field, whatever you want or need to know about this camera, the answer really is found in this product.

Laid out in an easy-to-follow format with plenty of excellent illustrations this book begins at the BEGINNING by helping you set up your camera. Slowly, the author builds upon each item shown as we work our way through the book to learn all, there is to learn about the Nikon D300.

I always find it better to read a number of books on the same subject - if only because a different approach often helps to explain a difficult point in an alternative way. If, however, you can only afford one book on this subject, then "This" is the one to buy.

NM
32 people found this helpful
on 24 July 2009
The book is great and full of interesting details on how to use the different menu items on the D300.
The author compares D300 to D2x and to D90 throughout the book which for me is not realy relevant since I am new to the Nikon world.
2 people found this helpful