on 3 March 2017
A handy e-ref tool
on 29 April 2015
Need help with the Bible, looking for a better grasp of life? Mr. Henry makes it all a lot easier and this has been illuminating and life changing to this souls seeker. God is never far away and this book helps you to realise it. God bless Mr. Henry.
on 13 May 2014
I didn't get far with this book as it comes from the point that the Bible has to be taken literally, including the creation story.
on 2 December 2015
Always used the concise version but there is so much more depth and teaching in the full version, I find I am getting a deeper and richer Bible study, and being the Kindle version I can carry it around - a real good buy
on 7 November 2013
I first bought the whole book of Matthew Henry's Commentry and found it difficult to navigate. Then I came across the Commentary split into single books, so I downloaded one and, after finding even I could manage to find my way around, I have been purchasing one when needed and have a few now. I realise it will obviously be more expensive, however it is nothing compared to the riches gleaned from God's Word. Whoever thought up and produced this method for people like me, I thank you. I would definately recommend this way of peaceful study.
on 8 October 2014
Useful for studying the Bible itself My husband always used Vines Expository but finds this just as good, a bid more up to date.
on 13 July 2017
The bench mark for all commentaries The go to book to find useful items when preaching
on 7 June 2017
Super informative and well laid out.
on 18 December 2016
I bought it as a gift
on 6 August 2010
As the advert says this is a complete commentary on the whole Bible. It is complete, very well written and very informative. A must for any Bible study. However, there is a downside to the publication. This is the size of the text. I find it too small and compact to really enjoy any lengthy reading. If you have perfect eyesight you may not agree but for older people or those not having 20/20 vision I would suggest an alternative copy of the same works.