on 10 April 2013
I started watching the NFL in the mid 80's with my older brother when Channel 4 started to show games over here in the UK. Ever since then I have been hooked. My life long dream is to go to America and watch my favourite team the 49ers. Adam's story has now got me more determined to do this. When you read the inside cover you are like "WOW did he actually do this trip" you then get hooked as you read his story of giving up everything to follow his dream. This book is not only a great advert for the NFL but how welcoming people of America are and how much they love their sport. This book has you laughing, amazed and very hungry when you read about the types of food the Tailgatees cook. There were more than 1 occasion I wanted to start a BBQ at 1am or want to wake my wife as see if she wanted a pulled pork sandwich. I fully recommend this book to anyone especially people who love the NFL. Thank you Adam for sharing your story!
on 12 August 2013
Firstly let me start by saying that you don't have to be a massive NFL fan in order to enjoy this book, although a little or large knowledge of the game can only add to your enjoyment!

Adam's story of giving up his life savings (and potentially also his fiancé) in order to pursue his dream is the stuff of legends and no-one will finish this book not feeling inspired by the time, effort and commitment he put into completing his trip.

The way that Adam fully embraces the American culture of tailgating leads to some amazing experiences for him and at other times his downright cheek and guile manages to blag him access that many other NFL fans would kill for!

Adam's story has inspired me to start planning my own trip in 2015, albeit on a much smaller scale, although I do hope to go one better than him and at end up in the stadium during the Super Bowl...especially as it will be at the new home of my beloved 49ers!
on 14 March 2013
A must read for any American Football fan.

A must read for anyone wanting to understand what being an American Football fan means.

As a Bristish football fan, mainly watching on TV, the focus is often on the game. But I've always felt in the US it is much more than this and in 'Tailgate To Heaven' Adam Goldstein captures what it means to support not only your team but also the NFL family.

A journey around all 32 NFL stadiums in a single season (including additonal 'audibles'), this is a tale of an incredible journey taking in the tradition, the stadiums, the games, the people and of course the food and drink.

A fantastic insight and an inspiration to any like minded football fans.

*WARNING - reading this book may well give you the desire to sell your appartment, leave behind your family and loved ones and travel around America to watch football!! :-)
on 6 March 2013
As a relative newcomer to the NFL, I've often wondered what it would be like to watch a game at different stadiums, hell any stadium for that matter! Then I heard about a guy called Adam Goldstein, he had seen a game at every NFL stadium (in one season!!!).

Tailgate to Heaven is Adam's tale of a road trip most NFL fans can only dream about. The sights, the sounds, smells and tastes of the wonderful food he sampled throughout the States are recounted in vivid detail.

Adam's writing style is such that you cannot help to get excited for each game he visits, to feel sympathy for his eternally patient girlfriend, and to almost feel that you are on the trip with him.

Adam really is a Super Fan, and has a wonderful tale to tell!

PS Adam, Bears Suck! Go Pack Go!
on 7 May 2013
Following Adam's rollicking adventure through his once in a lifetime experience, was one compelling read for this American Football fan, and I would imagine the same would be said by anyone who picks this book up.

The sheer scale and distances Adam traveled and willed his body through are mind-boggling alone, that's without mentioning the extraordinary fans and friends he acquired on his journey. And then there's the tailgates ! WOW

If Adam ever feels the desire to create a sequel and requires a wing man, he's here in waiting!
I shall call my chapter "Tailcoats to Heaven" (Although I'm sure I join the back of the line as this dude is the pioneer)
on 13 August 2013
After taking in my first NFL games in the States last season and not fully appreciating the wonders of tailgating, I wanted to get further information about this eccentric pre-party ritual. Adam's book is detailed throughout and every page oozes with his passion for the sport, die hard fans and rookies alike can pick this book up and thoroughly enjoy it thanks to Adam's detailed explanations. I have a few games planned in America this coming season and this book has given me the confidence to fully embrace the tailgate, even in the sub-zero temperatures that I will be facing! I fully recommend this book to NFL, food and travel fans worldwide!
on 23 January 2013
I started watching the NFL just before the post season of the 2012 season. I quickly grew fascinated in the nature of the sport and found I was wanting more, and thought this book would be perfect.

I couldn't have been more right. The writing isn't anything brilliant in particular, but the content and the enthusiasm that Adam has for the sport shines through.

I'm British, so enjoyed the British take on the sport, but don't let that put off anyone from any other countries from reading the book, it's just as enjoyable without the British take on it, and explains any British terms and stories well and humourously.
on 24 March 2013
This was a thoroughly enjoyable read and was exactly what I though and hoped it would be. Adam writes with great passion of both the sport he loves and the people he met along his amazing journey. He gives great insight to the fan culture that is the tailgate and his tales of the wonderfully colorful people he meets just make you want to go out there and experience it all for yourself. Along the way he adds useful information about the game itself so you don't have to know the sport inside out to appreciate this book. A truly inspirational read both from a fans view and that of any person wishing to embark on anything similar.
on 14 August 2013
I purchased this book for my kindle app on my iPad and planned to read it on my holiday.

All I can say is what an absolute gem of a read!

Adam embarked on a trip of a life time. He saw 40 American football games and encountered trials and tribulations along the way. But most of all he made many, many friends and has an amazing story to tell because of it.

I would highly recommend you read it if you have a love of American football or even if you don't!

The book has inspired me and friends to embark on a similar journey as well in the future.

Buy it
on 13 December 2012
Having followed Adams trip from the start, it was with great anticipation that I awaited his book. Could he eloquently get down on paper his experience of a lifetime? I am glad to say that he does not disappoint.

This book would be a great buy for all fans of the sport, new and old. Those who have enjoyed tailgating in the US, as I have, will recognise his experiences and cast of crazy sports fans. It really is another world to anything we have in the UK.

After reading this book you will be left with a longing to emulate his trip, or at least parts of it! Maybe you will???