on 24 November 2013
This is a great book if you want to look into the technical aspects of seamless knitting. The patterns are very well thought out and, personally I like the designs. If you just want a few patterns to knit then perhaps this is not the book for you but if you are the type of knitter that is interested in good designs and want to understand how these designs are put together then I highly rate this book.
on 28 July 2013
I liked the styles in this book and found seamless or circular knitting very well described. I am on my third garment with seamless knitting and find it much more comfortable and quick. I hate the sewing up part and have often left garments at this stage, so this idea suits me.
on 8 June 2017
Bought this mostly for instructions for adapting and creating my own designs and found very useful. As I am a small sized person I would not be able to use the patterns as they are. A good buy and very pleased.
on 21 November 2014
OK, maybe it's because I hate sewing seams, maybe it is because I am completely flat chested, but I love this book. I have knitted 3 of the projects so far - all have been what I would call 'not simple', but the charts are really good, especially for the cables and lacey patterns. So, for my first go at complex patterns, the tops have a real 'wow' factor. Every time I wear one of them, people always comment (in a good way, I hope).
on 4 March 2014
I bought this because I loved the pullover shown on the cover. I started kintting it at once, I#v finished the first sleeve, it looks beautiful. I am eager to knit more of the projects.
on 19 March 2014
Not to sure what I was expecting.
While most of the sewing is eliminated you swap sewing with the challenge of picking up stitches evenly and without holes.
The book basically takes standard pattern but you pick up stitches where normally you would stitch the pieces together, the body is knitted in the round (you will either need VERY long circular needles or be comfortable with double pointed needles).
This is something you could workout yourself.
This 'technic' does eliminate seams but you end up with a heavy, bulky piece of knitting. If your 'pickup' isn't smooth and even you have to unpick a large piece of knitting rather than just a seam. The seams are flatter than sewn seams.
An interesting concept. Challenging conventional concepts is always worthwhile.
All in all I think I will stick to sewn in sleeves. Having smaller pieces of knitting makes them more portable and lighter to handle.
on 16 June 2017
Good book
on 16 October 2014
Very informative, easy to understand and nice patterns
on 23 July 2013
The technical part of this book is fine. However I found the patterns very unappealing with cables that seems to wander all over the place. None of them were things that I would have made - I got the book from the library so at least I hadn't bought it.
Anne Budd's books are far better for the sort of knitting I do.
on 21 February 2017
Full of information. Lovely patterns but maybe not for the novice knitter.