on 10 June 2017
This is an attractive book with nice colour images of the braids. It is not a very good book for an absolute beginner though. The start up instructions need several re-readings and the instructions for the more complex techniques are woeful. If you already know how to do pick up weaving then this book is fine, if you don't then be prepared for a lot of frustration as you try to decipher what is provided here. Without the tutorials on the internet I doubt I would understand what to do. The pattern diagrams are too small, you need to enlarge them. In short, yes the images are inspiring, but the instructional side of the book leaves much to be desired.
on 5 October 2017
Very clear and fairly easy to use. I looked on YouTube for some of the very complicated patterns, but found the book extremely useful. I was recommended the spiral bound edition and am glad I took that advice, as you can prop it open while you warp up a pattern.
on 13 July 2017
Fabulous
on 14 July 2015
Lovely patterns -
on 3 August 2017
Very usefull book. I love it.
on 24 September 2017
Service very good book wonderful
on 3 October 2017
A great book! A must have for Inkle weavers.
on 24 June 2017
Excellent would use again.
on 13 August 2013
I am a first time inkle weaver and I found the Basic Techniques section usefull. I wove my first inkle using a 'bar' pattern from the book and the threading diagram was easy to follow - and I even managed to decrease to a point when finishing. There are many different techniques described all of which seem attemtable!! My next project is lettering.
on 6 August 2013
Comprehensive guide to inkle weaving designs for all levels of ability, from very simple designs to highly complex but all beautifully illustrated and described.