on 8 January 2014
If you want some new ideas on how to incorporate resin into your jewellery design this would be a good book to buy. It's probably not the best book to buy if you're a beginner or don't have any jewellery tools at your disposal.

The designs are off the wall - very 'grungy' or 'steampunk'. If that's your style - go for it. It's not mine, but I still learnt a lot.

If you're looking for new ways to use resin (not just pouring it into a blank cabachon holder) then you'll find it useful. For instance - learn how to coat paper and naturals such as leaves - create tiny containers out of eggshells and lightbulbs using resin to give strength. I found out different ways to colour resin rather than using the expensive 'made for resin' dyes.

I won't be copying her style of jewellery but the book left me buzzing with ideas.
on 14 December 2013
The author of this book is something of a resin alchemist, her ideas are wonderfully imaginative and inspirational. I have just started working with resin and wanted some ideas a little 'outside the box' and this she delivers, just take a look at her eggshell prayer box. The book is full of gorgeous and informative pictures and a thorough guide to equipment, resources and techniques.

As ever I don't want a book where I'm going to replicate the ideas within it and this book inspires me to look at objects with a more creative eye in terms of what one considers suitable for jewellery. I am not OCD about being a perfectionist and I particularly liked Susan Lenart Kazmer's final section of the book called No Mistakes, Finishes and fixes.

I recently bought a second copy of this book for a friend who is notoriously difficult to get for. She looked through my copy when it arrived and fell in love with the ideas and approach, so one perfect Christmas gift coming up.
on 3 March 2017
Inspirational book, full of wnderful ideas and techniques
on 24 March 2017
Excellent book!
on 11 September 2013
Whether you are new to ICE resin or have used it previously this book will fill your head with ideas and you will be rushing to your workbench to try them out. Original and innovative ideas beautifully presented, this is not just your average crafting "quick flick through and then discard" book. Highly recommended !
on 29 August 2017
Amazingly informative
Creative
And such a great read!
on 2 June 2015
I was interested in learning how to use resin for a decorating project and browsing books on the subject via my iPad, whenI stupidly touched the 'buy with one click' icon and, without further ado, had been charged more than £8.00 for this book. Having bought the book (my own stupid fault I know) I decided I might as well read it.
This book might be very good for experienced jewellery makers but was totally unsuited to my needs. The author is clearly aiming her work at artists and doesn't give adequate instructions for a novice. I was hoping for clear instruction on various methods for colouring resin, including proportions, quantities etc. However, the author simply writes about a few of the substances she uses to colour her resin and invites the reader to experiment with spices, oil and acrylic paints along with some vague enamelling techniques. Resin is a relatively expensive substance and I do not have the time or money to waste on endless experimentation to get the desired effect. I wanted simple instructions with defined amounts of ingredients, which is nowhere to be found in this book.
The author mentions the classes she runs on each advanced technique with annoying frequency, along with promoting her own brand of resin. It is clear that this book is a vehicle for advertising herself and products whilst being a poor substitute for her classes. It took me less than half an hour to read the book from cover to cover which, at £8+, makes it a short but expensive read!
on 24 October 2013
If you love working with mixed media you will love this book. Its inspiring, its informative and its clear about what you need to do to create something really unusual.
on 22 November 2013
The methods and the finished pieces seem to be very personal to the author. However, I'm sure that with a little application of right brain thought one should be able to adapt the methods to one's own style. I have the resin and I'm going to give it a go!
on 20 October 2014
This book is amazing and gives so much inspiration. It gives so much information and really helps with techniques and methods used. This could be useful for all levels and will become a book that is used over and over again. Definitely worth the money 😊