Customer reviews

TOP 50 REVIEWERon 21 January 2011
More than 250,000 copies sold of previous editions. This new expanded and revised edition comes with two DVD's. I must say first impression was - it's small. Very compact, I was expecting something bigger. I have not had the previous editions so cannot comment on those. The 'In Preparation' page brought a smile - Vicki suggests a nail file as handy for stopping rough nails catching yarn - how true, but I doubt that anyone else would have put it in a list of supplies for knitting. She has obviously thought of everything. There is some good information here that I have not found elsewhere and I have been knitting for over forty years. It's handy and could save the knitter a lot of time. I like the section on sizing. Techniques including stitches and finishing, increasing and decreasing, cables and charts are clearly shown and illustrated as well as written. There is also a handy knitting and needle gauge. What a bonus this is for the knitter, especially the beginner. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.
on 28 September 2012
The Knitter's Companion is a brilliant and explanatory book giving you illustrations and guidance on all forms of knitting and sewing up garments.The sewing of knitted garments is not easy and this book shows you exactly how it should be done so that it looks professional. I would thoroughly recommend this book
on 21 April 2012
A very helpful book + 5 hours of instructions on two valuable DVDs --> wonderful value indeed!

This book (with videos) + 'the Knitting Answer Book' by Margaret Radcliffe (both small & practical size!) are ALL I will ever need to get help with my knitting.
The KNITTER'S COMPANION is the sort of little book beginners and advanced knitters should have.

Extra bonus: clarity and ... most useful spiral binding!
on 25 October 2013
I like this book, it's compact so you can carry around with you, spiral bound, comes with 2 dvd's which I have to confess I haven't looked at. From my brief glance through the book I've spotted a new way to cast on, worked out where I going wrong with another cast on method and there is a needle gauge at the back. One thing to note this book does mention crotchet (don't panic) for the use of casting on or seaming and they use American terms, the crotchet stitches are described.
on 5 March 2013
This is one of the best 'how to' knitting books I've come across. It covers nearly everything and includes two
DVDs. Even for an experienced knitter.
on 2 August 2016
Excellent book. The two dvd discs provide lots of examples of various knitting techniques. Clear and easy written. A book to refer to all the time when knitting various items.
on 16 July 2016