Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 June 2011
Having followed Meg's blog and seen a few sneaky peeks of some of the projects, I had to have this book.
It is a beautiful book, lovely photography, detailed instructions and child-centred Montessori based suggestions about how to get the best out of each made project. Have a long list of projects I would like to try - the cape, the little amigo doll, bubble pants...all of them really. Patterns are included in an envelope at the back. Can't wait to get started.
on 3 August 2011
This is a well written book with a wide range of items. The patterns are printed full size on lovely thick paper and include seam allowances. There are patterns for jersey envelope neck t shirts (up to 24m) and a lovely pair of pyjamas up to age 5 toddler). the play patterns include the tepee, a cloak and a great art folder. The instructions are short on drawings or pictures if you are not an experienced sewer. The author has also included suggestions for creative play with your child using the items produced.
on 9 January 2012
I have had this book for about 6 months - full of incredibly useful patterns and so far have made the play tent, the cape (Harry Potter Invisibility cape!) and some leggings. I found the patterns very easy to follow on the whole. I would consider myself a beginner and suggest that if you are new to sewing, than you will manage a number of these projects quite easily. Also deals with sewing with knits and jersey which is helpful.
on 13 February 2012
An interesting book for parents and children to share. I bought it as a present for my granddaughter but it needs an adult to look at it with her. She is only ten. However it is interesting and unusual.
on 17 June 2013
Wish I'd got this when my kids were younger, although plenty of patterns suitable for older kids, am making a scavenger bag and papoose for two delighted daughters.
Lovely book with plenty of information and advise on enjoying sewing for sewing's sake - spot on!
on 13 May 2013
This book has some great sewing projects for kids. The instructions are clear and illustrations help if you get a bit stuck. I made a lovely pair of trousers for my 5 year old daughter and was really pleased with the result. I will definately be making more!!
on 16 October 2012
Best book I have!!and I have many..Meg is unbelievable!!! many useful patterns , easy to understand description
wort every penny..buy it !! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
on 7 May 2013
I adore this book. I have had it for over a year now and have made numerous tshirts, leggings, and basic pocket pants for my children. This is the book (and the guide) that gave me the confidence to try working with knit fabrics. The explanations are clear, concise and reassuring.

I love the text that goes along with the different chapters, giving you an insight into why Meg thinks these things are important through a child's eyes. The various bags, art folders, dress-up items, role play and educational sewing projects are just added bonuses to the fantastic range of clothing you can make from this one book. It is such good value in terms of patterns, advice and lessons in how to deal with different techniques/notions.

I wouldn't be without it, the pyjamas are staples in our house!
on 7 February 2012
i brought this book after seeing it recommended on a parenting forum. It has tons of easy to follow patterns including baby tshirts. I would recommend this to anyone with children/grandchildren
on 23 March 2015
I love the patterns and ideas in this book. The patterns are actual patterns, so you don't have to trace from pages.The instructions are clear and easy to follow.