on 18 June 2009
Ball of mohair in hand, dpn's in the other, I headed off for the Lace Circle Sweater, made a detour round the Flower Jacket, decided I must knit the Diagonal Lace Jacket and eyed up the Short/Long Jacket on Page 27 before casting on for the Lace Circle - all in the full knowledge that the whole time the Lace Circle is getting itself knitted, I will be plotting my next move on the Flower Jacket. Fabulous patterns - apart from the knitted skirt. Anyone who is even a shade over a size 8 should NEVER wear a knitted skirt and then only after very serious contemplation of their fashion sense - but then that's a personal opinion only.

In short, a great book, clear instructions with a good range of interesting patterns over a wide choice of yarns and even a yarn substitution section. Some of the patterns might be a bit challenging for the novice but there's still plenty for the novice to get his or her teeth into. My sort of book.
on 3 August 2009
I've just received the book. Leafing through it, I am enchanted by the lovely designs I find. I've already earmarked 2 cardigans and the lacy summer cardi on page 71, as those I want to knit, once my current project is finished. I know American instructions are slightly different than English ones, but having thought myself to read the English ones (I am French), American ones should be doodle. I am so excited, I can't wait to get started!
on 9 March 2014
I attempted to knit one item from the book simply because I had paid for it so at least wanted to knit something. However, the pattern was full of mistakes (I am not a knitting novice!). I wondered whether it might have something to do with the translation from Danish into English. At any rate, sadly did not like any of the designs. Charity shop I am afraid.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 20 January 2010
Originally having appeared in Danish, this book contains twenty two acceptable designs, however I would err on the side of caution in calling them 'timeless' as stated on the jacket cover and some of them appear rather dated to me.

I like several of the designs and some could be easily adapted. Mostly lacy and yes, quite feminine and attractive. I would say these are for knitters with some experience and not for the beginner. The instructions, diagrams and photos are clear and easy to follow. Very wearable.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 29 September 2010
That is right; I did not buy this book for sweater patterns. The patterns are nice and with a little skill can be scalable. However, I actually bought this just for the knitting patterns themselves, not sweater patterns.

Not all books can be all things to all people and my main goal is to search for new ways to do things, new patterns and see how finished patterns mostly in scarves not sweaters can be accomplished. Skipping the page 107, you will see a lace scarf described as elegant and a study in contrasts. The book describes finished measurements needles, yarn, and gages. I already have all these and just needed the inspiration from the book. This project as with many of the book can be scalable however, I only wanted enough to do a simple test and see how it works.

As with all good technical books you will find in the back of Abbreviations, Patty do some basics in crochet embroidery knitting etc. there are affirmations on different types of yarns and yarn substitutions and it index.

I found the author, Lene Holme Sams'e to be more of the map-reader to us as fellow travelers.
on 4 March 2015
Good variety of patterns and really very feminine designs
on 12 November 2014
lovely book of knitting patterns
on 12 February 2015
Brilliant , thankyou
on 7 September 2013
a little disappointed by the contents would not recommended it to my friends as did not think it was as comprehensive as appeared on the site