on 4 May 2012
This book was a lovely surprise when it arrived. Inside it takes you through a year in Japan month by month with a garment to knit for each one. I can knit complicated arans but there are items here that I would love to try but do seem extremely complicated. Fortunately there are simple explanations and easy to follow instructions that mean I could have a go but I would probably need to be a bit like Robert the Bruce and his spider.....if at first you don't succeed....apart from that there are other garments that I know I am capable of making with no problems, there is a beautiful cardigan with a maple leaf design that I want to make for myself as well as another with a Stone Garden theme. All in all a beautiful knitting book illustrated with beautiful photographs of both the garments and japan itself. Not for the beginner but if you love knittting and want something different then this is the book for you.
on 26 July 2013
I bought this book because I was interested in the pattern of "the fan" cardigan. The book is very nice and also the photos, but the other patterns don't interest me and I really don't see where there are "japanese inspired".
on 5 December 2013
The patterns are well written, with clear instructions and easy charts. Lovely photos with lots of different bits of the garments showing. Fab book, going to knit everything in it, starting with August!
on 6 June 2013
When I bought this book the 'look inside' option was not available. If it had been then I would not have got it as there are only one or two patterns that I liked.
on 28 September 2013
Inspiring designs and fascinating to read what was behind each one. Even if not knitting the garments, I'm fairly sure I will put the patterns to good use.
on 2 August 2014
My mum loved it.
She is 74 been knitting at least 60 years
And she learned something new from the book
on 30 October 2014
Inspirational and refreshing new ideas in knitting
on 31 October 2015