on 16 February 2016
I love this book , I have knitted the monkey and now I am knitting a dog which is not in the book but I thought if I knitted the kangaroo and didn't knit the pouch and changed the tail for the monkey's and made it smaller it would look like a dog. I like the fact that the animal head and body is knitted together and that the body is knitted the same for all the animals. All that changes are the ears , noses and tail on some , this makes it easy for you to remember the pattern especially if you knit a lot of them . Both of my grandsons want one of each and the clothes of course.
Due to illness I cannot follow patterns as I used to , so this book makes my life easier as it has every row numbered explains how to sew together and the pictures of the finished animals do the rest. I was seriously thinking of giving up knitting and giving my large collection of books and yarn away. I had ordered this book in September but had just flicked through it , I had a look at it last week and thought I would give it a go , I am so pleased as their is nothing better than knitting and finishing a toy and then seeing the happiness in a small child's face as you hand it to them.
This book is so easy I have bought another which has dogs and cats in it by the same person. I would definetly recommend this book. Thankyou .
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 April 2015
This book was exactly what I expected it to be.
My Granddaughter has already chosen the kangaroo for me to knit for her. It has to be blue, as she had a story about a blue kangaroo!
I haven't knitted any of the patterns yet, but am looking forward to doing so soon.
There are a variety of animals to choose from, and I like the idea of making the joeys for the kangaroo and koala.
I would just add that the needle sizes are U.S. eg the size '6' needle would be U.K. old size 8 (4mm), for the older knitters in the U.K!
I have started knitting the kangaroo now. All the patterns have been viewed as easyknits, so beginners would be comfortable with them too. There are clear illustrations for making the face details.
on 13 July 2014
I am a virtual beginner, and have been pleasantly surprised by my achievements using this book. You need to know how to knit, purl, increase by knitting into front & back stitch and knit two together. Obviously cast on and off too. The images are clear and appealing, instructions good and i like the way all toys use the same basic body, head, arm and leg pattern. My daughter, 12, is keen to make the polar bear as a summer holiday project :)
on 16 January 2014
lovely little creature's.Really pleased I brought it,I not only brought it for the annimals, but for the clothes aswell,as I knit my Christmas cards ,Like a snowman,Teddy,Polar bear,penguins,dogs and snow dog.and dress , them, That way ,they don't throw your card away , and they know it was done with love just for them,And they come out year after year,so the collection gets bigger. Or your loveable grandchild can go on hugging it all year round,and take it everywhere with them. Like a few off my yonger ones do..This is a perfect book for those little knits.
on 20 March 2014
I am new to knitting and have only received the book today but flicking through the instructions look reasonably clear.

Each part of the animal is broken down and explained row by row.

The book is a good size and easy to read as you go along and the pictures are clear. The knitting basics are at the back of the book.

The cover has a soft feel almost velvety.

Am looking forward to making lots of zoo animals for my nieces and nephews
on 20 December 2013
these are so cute and since they are small are easy to make. You won't get bored like you sometimes do when making larger toys. Great for small children right up to older ones. Have fun making these
on 7 December 2017
This is a paperback, I was thinking it would be a bigger book, but it's more of a booklet. It's a gift for my mum who is an avid knitter, I'm sure she'll love it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 15 January 2014
The patterns for the animals are very well written . I like the fact that the pics of the finished products look professional as this is not always so in some patterns. I am really pleased with the book and look forward to knitting the animals.
on 1 October 2014
This is probably the best animal toy book I have seen in a long time, and I have a lot of them. They are easy and quick to make, with brilliant instructions. I would recommend this book to anyone who has a reasonable knowledge of knitting.
on 3 January 2014
As a novice I found the instructions clear and easy to follow, I have knitted various animals for Christmas presents and even scaled up the nightcap for my son!!!!