Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 17 April 2013
"Mass Effect: Invasion" is a great comic which no fan of the rich universe created by Bioware should miss. As you may know this is the origin of the story which culminates in the Omega DLC for "Mass Effect 3" and it details how exactly Cerberus got control of Omega and defeated Aria T'Loak, its leader. We are also introduced to Oleg Petrovsky, a cunning and highly intelligent agent of the Illusive Man and the DLC's main villain. Oleg along with Aria of course, is the main draw of this comic. He is not your typical villain but a somewhat complex character who truly believes he is acting for the greater good. He is also an honorable soldier and his relationship with Aria is one of mutual respect and close to a mutual admiration. Unfortunately this was lost in the DLC where the story is so thin and his character so undeveloped you'll hardly recognize the military mastermind presented in this comic.
The story is interesting, with a new "reaper" enemy introduced and the writer truly captured Aria's personality from the games. Again, unlike the DLC, this is the Omega you know and love from ME2, with the gangs, Afterlife and even Anto, Aria's batarian bodyguard.
The art is good, with beautiful drawings and very good use of color. All the different races are drawn exactly like in the games and the various locations of Omega are reproduced with magnificent detail.
Although the other comics may offer stories with more "weight" on the greater picture of the trilogy, with details of the Illusive Man's past or Liara's rescue of Shepard's body this is my favorite ME comic by far. Aria is just a great character and the book is filled with fun space battles, great action sequences and a satisfying ending. Its a shame the DLC did not follow up on this great "half" of the story of Omega's invasion but still this is a book that as a fan you must own! As a small bonus this edition also includes "Conviction" a comic about James Vega and how he got to join Shepard in ME3. Its only a few pages but very cool and a nice treat for fans! Buy it!
on 14 May 2012
Aria has been my favorite character in the Mass Effect universe, regardless of how little we see of her in game. So I was very pleased and excited to see this was the new comic, and I was not disappointed. In fact, I loved it!
No real spoilers: As we heard in Mass Effect 3 by the pirate queen Aria T'loak, Omega, the criminal stronghold which also servers as her home (or as she puts, it"I am Omega!"), is taken away from her by Cerberus... If you know Aria, you'l also know she ain't going easy, so you can i'm sure easily imagine her reaction.

Aria's shines throughout this story, enhancing the unbreakable personality and attitude comparable only Commander Shepard (don't kill me!)... And for those who don't like Aria, i'm sure this comic will change your mind about her. I went straight to Biowares forums to check I hadn't missed a DLC announcement, just out of excitement as it ends with ...To Be Continued In Mass Effect 3. I hope this doesn't only refer to the content we've already seen in the game. But to be honest, its too much of an opportunity for them not to finish Aria's story with "Retake Omega"!

For any Aria T'loak fan, this is a 'must buy.'
5 Stars, by far my favorite of the three Comics. Aria for Presiden-... nvm
on 17 March 2016
Again a fantastic buy from dark horse. Amazon delivered the package way sooner than expected, which is of course amazing (see book depository some online book sellers can do deliveries properly)

The standard of art was again beautifully crafted and remained breathtakingly drawn throughout the volume. I did however feel like the volume went too quickly, granted I read it all in one go but it still felt rushed.

If your interested in the expanded Mass Effect universe I would definitely suggest this and the others in the series
on 9 June 2012
4.5*

A very fun and detailed comic that fills in gaps between Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3.

The artwork was fantastic and a great tie-in to the games, expanding the universe and exploring the back story of Aria T'Loak. The comic also provided hints to a possible DLC, which is never a bad thing.

The only negative thing to say about this is that I do not find the digital format to quite suit comics, resulting in some of the panels being confused, but that is just me nitpicking.
on 23 July 2013
This is great because you get to find out why Aria is on the Citadel and what took place in her being there. The DLC Omega will continue the story in Mass Effect 3
on 13 November 2014
Item as described, Delivered on time
on 10 December 2012
I'm a pretty ardent Mass Effect fan and I've found the character of Aria to be intriguing ever since Mass Effect 2. It seemed at first we got little to do with her in ME3, but what was there was still interesting. This graphic novel provides backstory as to why she's on the Citadel. The artwork is great, nicely coloured and detailed. I've read the previous Mass Effect collections and while the first was decent I felt the second was a bit of a disappointment, so I wasn't quite sure what to think.

I needn't have worried. As will have been known now, this is followed up on the Take Back Omega DLC.
on 23 June 2016
Happy with my order
on 13 December 2012
i have all of the mass effect comics, they r all really good, and explain so much of the story line that was missing, i got these just to read to bridge the story, but really got into them and thy got me into comics, only good if u know the story line for the mass effect series or if u have played the games, if u r just looking for comics you may not understand all of the things that are happening through the comics

19, female
on 18 October 2012
Bought as a gift for someone and i'm told it is "amazing" "really cool" and one of the best presents ever!!