Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Worried Blues Fitbit

on 16 September 2014
A generous 2 stars as I feel like I was 'done'. Why? Having discovered what I perceive is a very cynical, snake-oil-formula style mechanism for parting people from their money, I decided to revisit the many five star reviews that convinced me to purchase this book. What had they seen in this that I had not? Having now dug into the past of some of these five star reviewers, by checking their prior reviews, I am left with a sense that I should never blindly trust such glowing reviews again. As for the book's content, the first chapter or so just blows its own trumpet and pushes the reader to the publisher's web-site, where they will be pitched a library of related material and probably hounded thereafter. The rest of the book is simply a 'look-up' for suggestions of what the reader might do with each of the five, of the thirty four 'strengths' their on-line tests suggest they have been blessed with. Having dug into these pages a little bit I am totally unimpressed. Henceforth this book will go into my recycling bag and the only reason I am not dishing out just 1 star is that in such company, I do not want to come across as too much of a 'glass is half empty' (Well it is!) person. Closing note. I strongly advise people to check the past reviews of reviewers prior to making purchases as I now question the genuineness of some. (I will now quickly review a few of the dozens of prior Amazon purchases I have made, just to prove I am not all bad).
on 30 September 2015
Amazing read.It highlights what people are as opposed to what they are NOT.We all have good qualities but just need to recognise and use them in our lives correctly. A nice easy read that DOESN'T bash people on their head with their bad traits but highlights the good. A different but much needed approach. Thumbs up from me.
on 22 February 2017
Very interesting, this was recommended to me by a colleague as you can take a test where it tells you what your strengths are. Feeling stuck in a dead end job, I was hoping this would be a guiding hand in a new direction, sadly it confirmed that I'm best suited to the job I'm doing! You may have more luck.
on 6 April 2014
I've bought dozens of copies of this book over the years for colleagues, mentees and family & friends. Really easy self assessment and makes you feel great about your strengths. Brilliant for team assessments too. Helps you get a good mix and work on the teams strengths (and helps you recruit the gaps).
on 23 March 2014
Absolutely amazing book and tool for finding out your natural talents and strengths. Highly recommendable to everyone, especially those who feel stuck in life or don't really know which way to take.

As regards the seller - quick delivery, perfect condition of the package. Excellent!
on 14 May 2012
This is One of the best and most accurate test one can ever take!

I have given this test more than 200 people so far in my practice and I can assure that it is so accurate that even I become amazed.
I highly reccomend to everyone who wants to find out heir own real strengths.
on 13 September 2009
Having read some of the only a code reviews I have to disagree. I definitely feel that you need to read the book "first, break all the rules" to fully appreciate the ideas behind the test. The test itself is extremely accurate and there is a section which gives ideas on how you can become a more productive manager and to fully work on your strengths or "talents" as they like to call them. For those who feel that they haven't given enough of what to do with the information, Gallup have recently published "12: The Elements of Great Managing", this book is full of working examples of how the 12 question survey of gallups can be implemented.

In all I'd say that the book is worth it's cost (JUST ABOUT FOR THE TEST) but if you are looking for a deep insight stick with first break all the rules. If you are a person who needs step by step instruction on how to implement everything then couple it with the book 12. If you are already a capable manager... my advice: Simply do the test, read the results and then take the advice.
on 21 November 2012
I am working with a career coach who recommended this product for me and I absolutely love it. It empowers you to consider your career from a position of strength rather than weaknesses or 'development areas'. The website is also fun and easy to use. I would highly recommend this book.
on 23 March 2016
Excellent value when you consider the quality of the online test. I use this with career coaching clients regularly. The recommendations of careers could be more thorough for those not in a career coaching process, to use and apply. We sell a similar test for RRP £175 - £225!
on 24 June 2011
I have used StrenghtsFinder 2.0 for several years and is always a crowd pleaser. The size of the book and content is easy to accomodate. The ideas are sound and easily understood and everyone who uses the online questionnaire is impressed with its comprehensive response.