on 7 February 2016
I bought this for a coffee specialist and lifelong enthusiast. He thoroughly enjoyed it, and learnt a lot from it.
on 28 July 1999
The Coffee Book is an invaluable source of information on coffee commerce and history. Dicum and Luttinger take you through the beginning of coffee cultivation, its growth into the second most valuable commodity traded in the world today (petroleum is number one), and a detailed chronology of the major events shaping the coffee industry. This book provides an invaluable foundation for the reader to understand where we are today in the coffee business and what may be important aspects of coffee commerce for the future. I've read many books on coffee but if I could have only one book as my primary reference, The Coffee Book would be my choice without a doubt.
Michael Maxey
on 28 July 1999
Brilliantly and thoroughly researched by the authors, the history of coffee is presented with utterly engaging style. This book should be on everybody's coffee table.
on 20 August 2012
I have been looking for any information I can get re. coffee and it's history as I am branching out into this sector. This book has been incredibly helpful so far and I will enjoy reading the rest. Highly recommend.
on 22 July 1999
If, while drinking a pot of Joe, you have ever wondered to yourself "What the hell is this stuff, and how did it get here?" then you need to read this wonderfully entertaining book. Incidentally, by "Joe" I mean "coffee."
on 3 November 2015
I am happy with this purchase, the delivery delayed a bit but I am very happy I finally got it.
on 2 November 2014
Does exactly what it should when it should.
on 19 December 2014