Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Tablet Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Shop now Fitbit

on 15 January 2016
really interesting if not mandatory read on Freemasonry and the Scottish rite. I head so much about Albert Pike I had to read this book. He spends each chapter going through a degree of the Scottish Rite and explains it, where it came from and relates it to all of the religious beliefs in the world. Well worth it since its free.
on 20 September 2016
A MUST READ, FOR ALL CHRISTIANS
on 26 July 2017
Very interesting
on 31 July 2014
Very interesting great read Albert Pike seemed a horrible guy
on 30 March 2015
Not yet started but looking forward to a good read
on 31 August 2013
I have the original. It has 859 pages plus 218 pages Digest-Index. The change of year in copyright also says it has been rewritten and certain parts taken out. Beware of this publisher and other reprints with changed year of copyright, they have started rewriting the important books for us who studies.
77 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2013
It is fraught with misspellings such as 'aecording' or 'moderll' and the pages are slightly turned, which is not as important as the misspellings. It teaches very little or at least little is what you get since loads of information passes you by because of such a pompous and flatulent writing style, also with unnecessary capital letters.
Go for it if you think you should own it. It's still 'readable'. Difficult to digest, though!
on 7 November 2016
An extremely interesting book. Many take aspects of this work and employ it as reasoning for why Mason's are to be feared. I hold that they are misreading the work.

Some of the insights into the rites and teachings of Freemasonry discussed here by Pike are enlightening to read and represent an acknowledge syncretisation of a wider array of thought and teachings from numerous sources. It is worth your time if you have ever wished to know more about the Mason's or as a primer to wider questions.
on 5 March 2016
Far too wordy - why use 100 words when 1000 will do? Got bored and gave up 1/3 the way through. It appears to be written in a couple of styles implying differing authors or borrowed text. I'm sure there is some wisdom in here somewhere for the discerning, patient and determined, if you can wade through all the guff cluttering up the good bits - which do exist.
on 29 September 2015
I confess I haven't read this in its entirety as yet. I am reading Manly. P. Hall predominantly at present. When I have read this book in more depth I shall give a deeper analysis. However a brief overview of a couple of chapters suggests that it will be worth studying. I would hazard a guess that we are occluded from the 'Inner Temple' and should be aware of that as readers who are not Lodge members.

As a student of the occult sciences it is work that should be studied. Those of us interested in the Ancient Mysteries can take quite a lot from the study of this work. For the casual conspiracy theorist I strongly suggest you read it also for much nonsense pervades the internet. This book is often quoted and misquoted by people who have never read it in its entirety.

This particular copy is a good start, originals no doubt fetch high prices. I for one am grateful that there are people out there who make these classic works available to us in this age of ignorance. By that I mean that despite our society's technological advances and enlightenment on many levels, we have to some degree taken a retrograde step, a culture obsessed with celebrity and sport. These are the false gods of the unenlightened 'masses'. There is no excuse for ignorance in this age for never before has true knowledge been so accessible outside of the Mystery Schools.