Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 November 2009
Bought for my 15 year old who dreams of being a Fashion Writer. It introduces different jobs within the fashion world with real-life stories and advice of how to go about it. An inspirational book for her age. She couldn't put it down and even I enjoyed reading it.
on 13 May 2010
I simply adored this book :) Being 13 and living in the vast countryside, the opportunities of getting involved in fashion are limited and that is one reason why I enjoyed flicking through the pages so much. I hope to be a Fashion Editor and a Photographer so not only did I get so much precious information about these jobs such as; what degree do get, how to get your foot into fashion etc. but I also got to explore the other important careers which I think is the key to understand this complicated business.

To conclude, to anyone who is interested in teen vogue as a reader or who can't wait to dive into the pool of fashion I would TOTALLY recommend this book! You'll definetely regret not buying this, especially for just a cheap price for something that could guide your entire life!
on 6 December 2009
Don't think me queer, been a guy reading this book( okay Im not completely a 100% macho), but this isn't about me, it's about a book full of extremely useful info!
Due to my interest in jornalism (as well as fashion), it is a must for you guys out there aspiring to work in fashion.

It is a behind-the-scenes guide to how the magazine runs, ranging from the designers,editors,photographers, etc.
Plus the photos are so glossy, and arty!

The book is beautifully put together and is suprisingly fun to read apart from the other "what goes on" type of books.
You will regret not buying it!
on 6 October 2010
Bought this book after it was just released. If you're like me and want to have a career in the Fashion Industry then this book is perfect for you.
The Hand-Book goes into great detail on the different jobs in the Industry, including Fashion Design, Fashion Editorial, Stylists, Modelling, Beauty and Photography.
In each area they include interviews and schedules from someone who works in that department, what they think it takes to become say a Model or Model Scout. Also included is a helpful list of equiptment needed in that job and how you could get intern ships etc.
Really love this book, its great to dip into from time to time - kind of like a manual.
This really is a must-have for any Fashion hopeful!!
on 4 February 2016
I wanted to do a fashion course before I started university a couple of years ago and I thought this book would help me get an idea of what's involved in the fashion World. As I was reading this, I felt like I wasn't into that side of the fashion world for example, the making of the clothes, the photography etc. I was more into the business side of fashion, like behind the scenes. Don't get me wrong, it's a good book but it wasn't what I was looking for.
on 4 September 2015
Was a present for my daughter. She says she loves it - is really interesting and informative. She wants to go into this line of work so it was a great gift and a sight into all the Ins&Outs of what they do and what is required. Very happy with my purchase :)
on 10 July 2013
Got this for my 16 year old daughter for christmas. She read it over and over. I'm surprised it didn't fall apart
on 9 August 2010
i like this book alot since i want to have a career in fashion so hopefully leading me off to a good start!
on 18 December 2012
This book is AMAZING!!!! If you aspire to pursue a future career in fashion or are just interested in fashion, then this book is most definitely for you. It includes a range of interviews from the most influential people in fashion...from different aspects of the fashion industry. I couldn't stop reading it.
on 15 April 2011
This book is great for gifts or as a coffee table book.

Very interesting, lots of images, it is fun and easy to read.

Definitely recommend this for any teen vogue fans!