on 12 June 2017
I love this book, the story line is amazing and well put across to the reader. It isn't hard to read making it perfect for young adult readers, the only thing that would put me off recommending this to a younger reader than myself (12) is some of the adult content, there for I recommend this book to 12-15 year olds. This book keeps you gripped with thrill and adventure around every corner of St. Vladimir's school for Vampires! If it were possible I would give this book a 4.5, the reason I haven't given it 5 is because it isn't one of the best books I have read, I still absolutely love it though and couldn't put it down! I will defiantly be reading the next book in the series!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 December 2010
I loved the first three quarters of this book which is atmospheric and detailed. The bonded relationship between Rose and Lissa, the mysteries of the vampire world, the backstory subtly intertwined with the present, all made this feel fresh and different from the plethora of vampire-school tales out there. The slow growth, too, of the relationship between Rose and the lovely Dimitri felt different and far more emotionally involving than the usual high-school pairing.

But just when I was sinking into all the delicious emotional angst, Mead suddenly ups the action, and all that careful character building went out the window. The rush of events, the predictable villains, all crammed in together really distracted me from the careful and absorbing work which had gone before.

So I loved most of this book but ended it sorely disappointed - Mead proves that she can write with a rare sensitivity and restraint and can really get under her characters' skins, but the shift from emotional focus to just plot left me feeling a tad cheated.
i bought this as a paperback originally, then got kindle and bought rest of series, and wanted this one to add to them as i so enjoy re reading my favourites.....Richelle is a great author, i've read all her books so far, and though this is classed as YA its so well writtne that it appelas across the age span. I'm long long past YA and i love the series, its full of drama dnaction wrapped up with beleivable plots.
on 1 May 2017
Excellent book, I love that there is a different take on the traditional vampire story line!

Worth reading, Im just about to download the second book!
on 27 July 2017
rubbish rubbish rubbish, the only time i will mug off a vampire story!
on 21 July 2017
Completely hooked. Now read all 6 and love them, so many twists and turns and the characters are really well thought out and draw you in!!
on 28 June 2017
Great
on 18 May 2017
Absolutely loved the books.
on 23 March 2017
I couldn't put in down, enthralling. I love the characters especially The feisty Rose. I will be ordering the next book in the series
on 1 June 2017
Amazing story and just be beginning, the rest of the series is just as good.