on 4 November 2013
I cannot speak highly enough of EMDR and its healing effects on trauma and PTSD, based on my own personal experience. Eager to have an even deeper understanding of the therapy which I'd hoped would leverage my therapist's work, I was thrilled to gain access to Shapiro's methodology through her own words. The language is clear and easy to comprehend, and to return to techniques again and again is also helpful to remind during more difficult times outside of the therapy room. I would say though, that I'd only recommend use of the techniques alongside a trained therapist as they need expert guidance at the beginning; this is not simply a 'self-help' book.
on 4 June 2015
Im currently seeing an EMDR therapist and this book complements it. Yes! I can vouch for EMDR - it is working for me.
on 24 May 2017
Very relevant and informative
on 11 July 2017
Has made a huge difference to my PTSD . Unerstanding yourself is a gift and this book helped me get there
Serious stuff
on 30 April 2017
GREAT
on 16 October 2017
Thanks
on 9 June 2012
Very interesting book. It helps you understand a lot about your self. What i find very helpful is the presentation of many cases by the author as many times you can identify an experience of your own too.
on 16 June 2013
This is well-written, using lots of case examples, drawing in the reader to how EMDR can be very helpful for a wide range of emotional problems. The author uses non-jargon language and gives clear explanations of how EMDR works. Good for EMDR trainees, too.
on 13 May 2014
As an EMDR practitioner and someone who has benefited from EMDR therapy with a therapist, this was recommended to me by another practitoner. It is clearly written and structured and the index seems helpful too. I don't recommend this take the place of working with an EMDR therapist but it would be great to read alongside doing that work.