on 2 October 2010
Judy's previous edition was instrumental in showing me a better and more successful way to manage the symptoms of multiple sclerosis, by bringing together in one book all the best information available at the time. This new edition has been significantly updated and it's just great to be able to dip into and find the stuff that you are looking for. I find Judy's writing really easy to follow, she explains things really clearly and discusses the science in a way that I can understand. This is one book that I think is a must for anyone who has MS or for anyone who supports someone with MS.
on 10 September 2010
It is rare to find positive non-scare mongering advice on MS. This is full of practical information that you can use to manage your MS immediately. Very grateful for Judy's book - thank you.
on 5 December 2012
I am a nutritional therapist and used this book to help research how I might go about advising someone with MS. It is well written and extremely informative. If you have MS BUY IT !!! If you know someone with MS buy it. The book makes it clear but i would reemphasise, there is no one size fits all. Find what works for you and believe that YOU have the power to heal. No one does it for you, give your body the right tools and amazing things can happen. Good luck x
on 28 May 2012
When you get told you have MS lots of things go through your mind, like what can I do to help my codition or where can I look to to tell me about
this condition and what it is and how it will affect me.
I found this book help me answer these questions
and in a way that was informitive but not over
technical. Managing Multiple Sclerosis Naturally
a self-help guide to living with ms by Judy Graham. I hope other people find the same as I did when I read this very interesting book that I purchased from Amazon.co.uk as I am a someone who has ms.
When you start to think about your diet and how it can affect your ms this book is exilent by explaining what food are good for ms and what foods to avoid
Many foods that the author discusses in the book are very high in the vitimins that helps the body to cope naturally with ms.
Exersise is also discussed in the book by the author as many people with ms find it difficult to exersise.
She explans that there are diffrent types of exersise that people can do.But many people suffer from fatigue so she explains how to have a coping regime to deal with it.
There are many more things that the author discusses and she gives examples of peoples expriences which I found most interesting. On the whole I found it a very helpful book.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 December 2010
Often, Multiple Sclerosis is seen as a life sentence, an inevitable loss of mobility, independence, and overall quality of life. However, this may not necessarily be the reality for all people. Some individuals have bouts with remissions that allow them to live fairly normally. Others are able to control and/or reduce symptoms through diet, exercise, medications, or alternative therapy.

Managing Multiple Sclerosis Naturally is a must have resource for those with Multiple Sclerosis. This is the book that should be given to people when they receive their diagnosis. In fact, anyone who thinks they might have MS should probably pick up a copy.

Multiple Sclerosis has some solid sections explaining MS: what we know, what we don't know, how MS manifests, and what to expect. Then, the author looks at a variety of different theories and treatment options including both contemporary and alternative choices. There is quite a bit of information about nutrition and exercise- things that MS sufferers can actively do, even when their symptoms are intense.
on 23 March 2015
Bought this after suffering my worst MS relapse in 10 yrs.
Found this so inspiring and really gave me a lift emotionally. after reading this I decided to make some changes further with regards to my diet and the result of cutting out gluten, wheat, dairy and soya for me has been amazing....clearer vision within days and a massive improvement in my skin (had been on acne medication since age of 12, I'm now 35...after making changes acne medication no longer needed).
Loads of information about many different aspects like diet, vitamin intake, exercise and more but Judy does not try to dictate what you should do, merely presents you with alternatives and you can take from it what you choose and what's achievable for you.
on 26 September 2013
Just been diagnosed with ms this book is so informative it makes understanding this disease very easy.if I'm not too sure about myself I can read the appropriate chapter and this helps me loads.
on 8 May 2013
I have recently been diagnosed with MS. The book is very informative although as it covers all therapies and ideals it can get confusing as to what to follow. Still too much information is better than none at all, so definitely worth a read.
on 19 January 2017
This book was recommended on the MS website. I bought it for my daughter who has recently been diagnosed. Although she hasn't delved into it thoroughly yet, she says there is some good information in it.
on 7 August 2013
Very easy to read - you can pick up tips to help manage your health ; everyone will be able to find something to try. Good explanations - will certainly try more of the supplements recommended.