Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 February 2008
If you are interested in exploring subtle body alignment and movement this book is a gem. Mary Bond has an easy but masterful way of encouraging a deep and profound investigation into our habitual body use. Clear illustrations, execises and explanations make this book a valuable resource for practitioners and clients alike.
on 15 November 2010
this has to be the best book I've read so far on posture and body awareness. The book takes the reader on a journey of self discovery, learning how to feel the subtleties within the body and how to have an efficient and effective body.

I would (and do) recommend this book to all bodywork therapists and anyone with an interest in improving there posture and body awareness.
on 4 March 2015
I'm a massage therapist and this is such a useful book, both as a practitioner and to use on myself. It's easy to understand and really does make one aware of how to have the right posture for wellbeing and aiming for painfree.
on 9 November 2013
This is a book that people who are involved in teaching people exercise or movement should read and that anyone should read who would like to keep themselves in good shape or get themselves in better shape. I am impressed by how much it has helped me to learn to move more freely and easily.
on 14 February 2015
The best book I have read on posture and gives some very subtle yet effective points. Has helped me in my profession as a yoga and pilates teacher in exploring an holistic approach to the body and movement
on 13 March 2016
I really enjoyed this book, although on first glance the title almost put me off as the word 'rules' suggests something imposed on you and restricting. Far from it. The book to me was more liberating rather than restricting. The author goes into not just how you look but deals with how our bodies express how we see ourselves and the world, and the deep interface between mind, emotions and body.
I knew quite a lot of anatomy but learned more, that was written in a very readable, engaging way. The explanation of the connective tissue system, which like a matrix links every part of the body, was particularly fascinating. Many of the ways of standing and walking have stayed with me in the months since reading it, and I enjoy walking in a more relaxed open way now rather than seemingly carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders.
on 10 February 2016
One of the best books ever written on the body and how it functions and how we can work with it for optimum vitality and mobility. I had the privilege of meeting and having treatments with Mary Bond. I have her book and continue to work with it. I also found her DVD "Heal Your Posture" an exceptionally helpful and instructive workshop. This book was a gift for someone getting into performance.
on 14 December 2012
This is imaginative. It looks at awareness of how you are doing what you are doing. If you are into Alexander technique you will probably find this interesting.
on 23 May 2014
Very useful to read, it helps you understand how your body works and how your posture can make you feel better and pain free
on 8 December 2013
Just every day normal things that everyone knows when you decide to buy this. book, did not meet my expectations