on 6 October 2015
I enjoyed Miss Peregrine and was pleased to see there will be a film made of it! Very creepy photographs!
on 24 March 2014
This book was ok but to be honest it didn't feel that original and I am not about to rush out and buy number 2. At times it felt a tad contrived and I skipped pages and paragraphs because it was a bit predictable. I found it in the adult section of the bookshop, however I constantly felt the book couldn't decide if it was YA or adult, there was swearing and such but the writing was only alright.
on 5 April 2016
I love this book
Can't wait to read the next two and 2 see the film hope it is as good as the book
on 18 March 2016
Read this book in 6hrs over two days. Could not put it down. Loved every moment in this book. Exciting
on 3 January 2017
Don’t be put off by thinking that this book is simply a children’s story; 'Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children' transcends beyond a fantastical young adult novel into a dark, psychological tale of horror, suitable for adults as well as teens.

I recommend this book to anyone who wishes to be reminded of belief in the extraordinary... or has ever felt a little peculiar...
on 9 January 2017
I feel disappointed by this book as I really thought it would be a wonderful read, and it really wasn't. I found it a real chore to get to the end. I liked the writing style, but I just didn't like the story. I actually thought it would about strange children with real peculiar behaviours, not ones that are only possible in science-fiction. I shan't be bothering with reading the sequels.
on 8 November 2012
I really enjoyed this book as it was something completely different to what I usually read, however it had many interesting photographs, postcards and letters in it which weren't clear at all on the kindle. It was very frustrating not to be able to make out the writing on them as it was so small and impossible to enlarge. I did feel that this spoilt my overall enjoyment of the book.
on 1 April 2016
Couldn't put this book down. So good brought the next two & had finished them all within two weeks.
on 11 December 2013
There are familiar themes here, young adult realising that he is different - peculiar - and from being powerless and subject to the whims of adults he breaks away and sets out on a perilous quest.

However the use of vintage photos to drive and inspire the plot is a new and exciting style of writing, I loved it, hence the five stars.
Can't wait for the sequel...
on 23 June 2016
What a book! Absolutely loved it. Was very surprised when I cam across the photos amidst some of the pages but found very exciting and different. Some of the pictures were truly scary but added to the story and imagination. Look forward to the film coming out but have a feeling it wont be anywhere near as good as the book! Definitely read the book if you are a fan of the movie!