on 18 November 2016
Great deck! Can get some good readings out of them...do not be put off by their 'novelty' value. Good card stock to with presentation box and rather cool booklet.
on 2 December 2017
The major and minor arcana have beautiful scenes which reflect the main themes associated with each card. The retro artwork is lovely and the card quality great!
on 4 March 2017
Love it
on 12 October 2013
I got this deck as I already have a few other Tarot decks and was drawn to the theme. The cards themselves are good quality and the images are clear (if a little graphic for some). The 1950's theme is accentuated by the sepia effect on the cards, giving the feel of something that's been long forgotten in a cupboard. As other reviews have stated, the box is made to resemble a box of bullets (on the lower half there are bullets printed on the outside) and the back pages of the guide book have 1950's style adverts on them. In keeping with the zombie theme, some of the traditional tarot symbols have been replaced with themed items e.g Wands are shown as bones in this deck and Pentacles are replaced with "hazards" (biohazard symbols). However this does not affect their meaning or interpretation in any way. In fact many of the images made me laugh!

This deck can be used in the same way as any other tarot deck, bearing in mind your potential audience. While those experienced in these things will likely find this deck amusing and fun, those less knowledgeable and hence susceptible to the scaremongering around tarot cards may find the whole theme disturbing. While drawn in a cartoon style, many of the images are quite graphic, depicting dismembered human bodies and exposed innards.
on 15 January 2017
i love this deck i use it in my workplace ( i am a surgeon) to see what energies will come every day and the sinister but life happy energy and humour of the cards gives good mood and helps through the day
on 1 July 2012
Loved the quirkiness of The Housewives Tarot which I added to my collection a few years ago so decided to take a chance on this one, also from Paul Kepple - so glad I did! Fantastic quality box, card stock and guide book and the illustrations are witty, atmospheric and very retro - 'The Fool' is so very 'Hi honey, I'm home!' (but he's not walking in the front door with a bunch of flowers....) - not 'too much' blood and gore (given the subject matter!), nothing seriously frightening or horrific, and plenty of detail/action in the images to stimulate the reader's imagination/intuition. A great addition to any Tarot lover's collection.
on 7 July 2013
My mother has always had a keen interest in such things and used to own a deck of tarot cards, which is why I am buying her some more. I've been searching for some favourable reviews to help me make a decision on amazon but when I saw these I knew I had found "the one". We both love Halloween and zombies so I think this kitch take on the tarot will amuse her while still being functional! I'm over the moon!
on 7 January 2013
I brought this deck as wanted what was considered a 'dark' deck but I got a nice surprise whilst it does touch on those dark hidden areas when reading it comes shrouded in humour. The message is still there hard hitting but with a slight subtley. I love housewives and this deck of similar design does not disappoint. I love the Knight of Swords card it really crashes home the meaning the man in the tank crushing all in his wake a megalomaniac on the go. The calculating granny in the Queen of Swords.. doing her best to survive. I love the story each card tells as you delve in the different layers. If you want a dark deck which isnt too serious this is definately one to consider for sure. It comes in a lovely box and has a nice LWB not that you need these cards have quite self explanatory meanings.
on 16 May 2013
This pack comes in the best box I've ever had a deck in. It has a great little instruction book,I like the tounge in cheek humour, and the artwork is great fun. Good quality card, quite thick compared to most packs. You'd have to be a bit sensitive in what circumstances you used this pack but by and large I can't see why you couldn't use it like any other themed pack. I love it!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 January 2013
Cards were as described. Came well before xmas deadline. Really interesting pack with instructions that are needed as a little complicated but really good once you have the hang of it.