on 21 July 2009
I was recomended this book by my psychologist, I have suffered from depression for some 12 years and this was my second course of treatment for my problem. The first thing that struck me was that the book could have been written around me, all my "symptons" were not unique to me but in fact they were common to depression sufferers. This alone lifted a heavy weight for me, I wasnt alone or some lonely failure, I was "normal", well depressed normal anyway. At this moment I havnt finished the whole book only a couple of chapters to go, but for me anyway this is a very enlightening book that has helped me along the road to a better life,and I see no reason why it shouldnt help many others, well worth it.
on 28 December 2014
Fascinating, insightful, well-written. Life-changing, perspective-changing and effective. This is a great introduction to how mindfulness can change your life for the better. Would highly recommend doing the 8 week course with a qualified mindfulness practitioner too, as the classes add a dimension to your learning and development that would be difficult to attain alone with a book.
on 23 April 2015
Avery helpful book full of very useful advice, helped me a lot and will be good ongoing reference
on 22 November 2014
Amazing book. It will change the way you see the world. You feel so much better from it. Buy it!
on 4 May 2015
Excellent read when you are coming out of depression but you may need to read it a few times
on 19 April 2014
The book arrived quite quickly, very well packaged and in perfect condition from the seller. The book was recommended by my counsellor so I knew part of the content already and wanted to supplement our sessions with home learning. Extremely pleased with the service received and the book/cd content has been of great benefit to me during this time.
on 7 July 2008
This book is an excellent guide to the technique of mindfulness. The principles of mindfulness are essentially very simple but amazingly effective. It's something that we all forget to do, and this book serves as a powerful reminder to bring our attention away from our thoughts and into our experience. The authors are free of academic jargon and are clearly passionate and extremely knowledgeable about the benefits of mindfulness, and the book is clearly not just for people who might be suffering from depression. I recommend it highly along with Eckhart Tolle's the Power of Now, and Steve Taylor's Making Time Making Time: Why Time Seems to Pass at Different Speeds and How to Control It, which uses mindfulness as a way of living in the present and becoming free of the future and the past.
on 18 September 2012
I have only just received this volume, so haven't really had time to get into it. However,I have used the Guided Meditation CD and was extremely impressed. Not the usual 'alternative' approach, but a good clear, calm voice which guides you steadily through the practices - excellent!!
on 9 August 2010
I think it is a very good book and it is very helpful, just Great
on 26 September 2016
Excellent book. The first anyone has ever been able to explain to me how depression comes about and deteriorates due to what we have all been taught by business and self-development gurus for decades now. This should be ESSENTIAL reading for anyone suffering with depression.