on 26 May 2016
This Leather Journal looks and feels fantastic, it really is luxurious.

Every fibre of this journal exudes quality; the classy leather cover, the gold-gilt pages, the ribbon marker and of course the ambigram on the cover. It all comes together to make a truly magnificent journal.

Not only does it look fantastic, but it feels well built too, this is definitely a journal that you can expect to last a long time. When it comes to something like a journal which you will most likely be using a lot, it's definitely worth spending that little bit extra on something that you can rest assured is going to last you as opposed to a cheap notebook that is most likely going to fall apart within a few months. You'll be hard pressed to find a journal anywhere near the same quality as this one in it's price range, this journal is a steal!

Highly recommended!
VINE VOICEon 20 August 2014
This is a very, very nice journal and it almost seems a shame to deface it by writing in it. The pages are lovely and creamy and the gold edging is a nice touch when it's closed. The pages are really thick and lovely to write on. The whole journal is sort of 'floppy' without being limp.

I didn't know what an ambigram was before getting this but since learning about it I've been doodling in the pages every time I think of another word that would work for this. Haven't had a lot of success with that yet, I think there must be a knack to it but it's fun to play about with it.

It's a bit pricey but it's a very nice journal and is well made so should last a good few years.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 February 2016
Nice journal that I used with a fountain pen to document my travels and thoughts. Pages are quite thick and fountain pen ink doesn't bleed through or feather - used with Montblanc medium nib and ink, Parker Duofold (edelstein) and Cross Verve (edelstein). The only double edged sword is the the gold finish which makes the pages seem very thick - but much better paper and better value than the moleskines - which do not like fountain pens that put down a wet line as they feather terribly.

The Jury is out on the use of the word leather in the description as it doesn't feel or smell like leather.
on 4 December 2017
A beautiful journal. The leather cover is soft and very pleasant to the touch. The pages are perfect for pen and ink. This is vital for any fountain pen user. There is nothing worse than the ink ‘bleeding’.
One person found this helpful
on 21 February 2017
I've struggled with keeping a journal before. But this lovely journal makes me want to write something in it everyday. It sounds cheesy, but as soon as I opened the packaging, it felt special to me. The lovely cover, the nice smell and lovely writing paper made me excited to start again, knowing I would stick to it this time.

On a more practical side, the stickers come off very easily to keep that vintage look
on 30 December 2016
This quality of this product is far better than I hoped for and the cover is amazing. The feint-lined pages are not thin and flimsy as many journals are but are perfect in spacing and will enhance my style of writing. I will certainly be ordering a second one and probably a third for my Grand-daughter who loves her journals.
on 14 October 2014
Bit apprehensive about purchasing something special like a leather journal from Amazon as I would normally have trawled the high street looking for this type of gift. As I couldnt make it out at the time & needed it soon I took a chance & I am so glad I did. The photo doesnt do it justice, it is really lovely. Good quality leather & the tooling work is great. Paper will readily take a decent pen & there are plenty of pages. Appreciated by recipient so we are both happy!
on 12 February 2018
Ordered 5 journals -:Arrived promptly and well packaged. Beautiful quality and gold embossed pages are a nice touch. I would highly recommend this product and seller - thank u 😊
on 20 September 2015
Brilliant value for money and an excellent item.
Never been a journal writer to be honest, but have been ordered to keep a journal by various medics to "help" with my medical infirmities as they are. I looked at all the available journals, and as these had by far the best reviews, I went on the strength of the same. Speedy delivery too. Highly recommended.
on 25 December 2012
I would of given this 5 stars however the cover is not leather. It saids it is but as far as i can tell its a plastic sticker that looks like leather pulled over some card (though it still looks professional). Apart from this the paper is good quality with the edge of the pages painted gold (when the books closed the paper is gold colour). They have also emphasised the title to much, so what you can read the word 'journal' either way round. Its a nice touch but I pulled off the sticker on the front before i gave as a gift as it made it seem tacky.
One person found this helpful