on 9 April 2011
As an international executive coach I find this a very useful reference book to have in my collection. I use it to help me to gain an understanding of `local' thinking when exploring cross-cultural solutions as part of team development. Other more expensive books of this type tend to end up slightly too academic. I also give a copy to any client who is working internationally. Ian Claffey - Oxondon Consulting.
on 1 December 2013
I'm travelling around Europe at present and wanted to get some background on the cultures of the people I would be working with - basic norms of behaviour both verbal and non-verbal.

This book gives excellent, well written summaries of over 60 different races and has been an invaluable source of insight in my dealings (so far) with the French, Dutch, Germans, Americans and Belgians. I'm British.

It's a tad bulky for "Carry on luggage" when flying but I think it's been worth it.

If you work with other cultures I think it's a "must have" - and not only that it's an entertaining read!

Buy It
on 9 January 2016
I bought this for a young professional friend. I have my own copy. If you travel on business it is incredibly useful. Etiquette is complicated and subtly nuanced, and yet can decide the outcome of business success. It tells you what not to talk about, how to behave, what behaviour to expect, forms of address etc. It is amazing how this varies, even within a region. If you want to fit in and avoid faux pas, it is essential - and you can brief yourself in 5 minutes.
on 28 November 2012
I work overseas a lot and I asked people if some of what was written was true for their country. Most agreed but some siad no so I dont know if it is really that accurate. Mixed feelings really but on the whole better than not having it.
on 5 August 2014
Great book for those travelling for business and also pleasure as there are some very helpful tips about local cultures and behaviour that are helpful outside of the office also. Easy to read too given the topic could have been dry.
on 27 September 2013
Going through some of the countries, I noticed that some of the statements are incorrect. A revision is needed.
Karin Williamson
on 5 December 2015
More of a reference work than a story. Not quite as expected.