Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 April 2011
This volume collects -

Concrete Jungle (rating 4 out of 5)
Cold War (rating 4 out of 5)
Dark River (rating 4 out of 5)
Rite of Passage (rating 5 out of 5)
The Pride at Nghasa (rating 5 out of 5)
The Bloody Sands of Time (rating 3 out of 5)
Blood Feud (rating 0 out of 5)

In this case the bulk of this omnibus is made up by Concrete Jungle, Cold War and Dark River. These three comics follow Schaeffer, the brother of Dutch from Predator. I really enjoyed these story-arcs, particularly as they build on the first Predator film, and Schaeffer like his brother, has some cheesy one-liners!

My favourite comic was Rite of Passage, completely wordless it captures the main themes and ethos of the Predator. I think its superb.

I think the final comic Blood Feud is awful, and very boring, I skipped this on a second reading. However, this does not have any effects on the other comics.

I think if you enjoyed the first Predator movie, you will love this continuation of the main themes, and violence/action in the comics.
on 2 March 2009
I ordered this last week after looking to buy it for quite some time. My first memories of predator graphics come from when I was at school and used to go into the book shop and flick through copies of 'cold war' and 'Dark River' (both of which are in this volume).

The stories contained in this volume on a whole are good, they mainly focus on the character in the first film,s brother who is a cop in New York. You get plenty of action as well as the beginnings of the predator lore.

The downside comes from the last few stories, which are very short and don't really fit in, in my opinion. 'Blood Feuds' being the worst of the stories.

In summary worth getting if you are interested in the predator/alien universe and I for one will be picking up volume 2 after reading this
on 17 March 2009
I have recieved this omnibus today,and in my opinion its the best book/comic i have ever bought and i havent bought a comic in 8 years and am well happy that i spent some of my money on this book.The detail of the drawings the colors etc are great,amazing quality pages and cover.I assume the rest of the omnibus collection will be like this one.
A must buy for any Predator/Yautja Fan or comic reader/collector.
on 10 May 2016
This collection is a pretty mixed bag and I prefer the stories follow on after the "Schaefer" trilogy (the first 3 stories in here). The latter stories contained here add depth to the Predator universe. (Rite of passage etc) and are excellent.

The 'Schaefer' trilogy (Concrete Jungle, Cold War etc) is effectively on a par with a bland super hero story - the main character fights the enemy and always wins.. from that point these stories are pretty ridiculous - almost 'Super Schaef' tough guy, tough cop etc - from that aspect these are a tedious read.
on 26 December 2013
Predator graphic novels in this collection continue the Predator saga mainly in the footsteps of the first motion picture starred by Arnold Schwarzenegger. The main character is the brother of Dutch, the hero in the film, who is working as a drug-cop in the States. All the stories are very well written and stay loyal to the concept. A special note must be given on the sharp-witted dialogue of the characters which includes some very entertaining humour. Overall an excellent read for a fan of the franchise.
on 1 October 2013
I brought this for my boyfriend so i am yet to see what he thinks of it, but personally, i think this is fab
on 6 January 2012
I admit that I've wanted to get this book for quite a while now, but never got round to it because of the fact that...well I just couldn't be bothered.
when I finally got round to reading it I fet rather conflicted. the stories where all very intresting on the surface, but when I dug deap down into the actual content...well it was lacking.
the first story, concrete jungle was quite good. I liked the idea of dutches older brother trying to find out the reason he disappered and his fight with the predators. however it got a bit difficult to follow and the sequels that followed where very difficult to read. no they wheren't complicated, I just didn't like them. and there isn't really an end to it, which for me was unfourtanate.
rite of passage was a very entertaining story. I liked how the story showed links between the predators and the humans and the art was diffrent, but very stiking and likeble.
pride at nghasa was also very entertaining and the classic concept of the hunter becoming the hunted was put to good use in the predator universe. the art was a bit rough, but I was able to deal with it, as it provided everything in a highly detailed light.
the bloody sands of time was a medicore story. the concept intresting. a lawyer researches the journal of a french solldier to try and save the life of an american soldier who is blamed for the barbaric deaths caused by a predator. the art pretty much delivers what most fans would want. high amounts of gore. but besides that the colouring style just doesn't fit, as it's just so damn vibrant! which obviously leads to conflicting styles that just don't work.
finally blood feud. I didn't really like this story. the art was awful (sorry) the story was so confusing that I just didn't have a clue what was going on. finally...hmmm...that's it really. it was a good concept on the surface. a japanese martial artist (or a doctor? sceintist?) his hunted by the predators because of the actions of his ancestors (or...him in the...past?)

so yeah that's it. I was disapointed. the book didn't really capture the action I'd hoped for after watching the film, so I would recommend mabye getting one of the other volumes first...
on 19 February 2010
I collected these first time round as comics but lost them years back during a house move... it was awesome to see them all collected together in one volume. A bit of me wondered if my memory of them was rose-tinted by youth but damn these are just quality - great artwork, great stories...
on 24 February 2015