on 13 July 2011
I really loved reading what happened between firefly and serenity. it actually makes me want more. tell joss and the team to do more!!! ++++
on 19 November 2016
I love Firefly, ever since I watched the series all those years ago I was hooked and of course like all tv shows I love it got cancelled. It wasn't all bad we got a movie out of the ashes and also this Dark Horse comic series.

First of all this looks great, all the characters are depicted spot on from Mal's handsome roguishness to Jayne's sheer over the top macho antics. They are very definitely the characters we know and love.

The story which I won't go into too much involves the usual dodgy jobs they take on to make it from day to another. It has some other regular well known characters appearing such as Badger and the Blue Glove guys who are still after River and Simon.

Now I was expecting this to be really good but it was really short for a graphic novel and the story seemed to end abruptly for me, I know there is more volumes after this one but I think there was scope to put more of a story in to this.

I'll still move on to the next volume as despite my disappointment I still need a fix of Firefly.
on 22 September 2011
I'm a big fan of the TV show and the film, but whoever knocked off this cash in comic book should be ashamed, mainly because NOTHING HAPPENS IN IT!!! A complete waste of time. Artwork and story are completely mediocre and forgetable. In fact, anyone want mine?
on 6 January 2011
This is a good story, prequel to the serenity movie.
Has all the characters and the adventure that learned to love from the firefly series.
The art of this book is good. Not great like Jim Lee, for ex. But good enough.
on 1 March 2009
I noticed these Firefly Graphic Novels when browsing for something else and was immediately excited. I am a huge fan of the Firefly series (Firefly - The Complete Series [DVD] [2003]) and it was a real shame they only ever made one season. Although the Film "Serenity" (Serenity [DVD] [2005])answered some of the questions left by the end of the series. This Graphic Novel comes between the end of the series and before the film. The only reason I've only given this 4 stars is it's not very long. This just fulled my Firefly lust once more so I had to order the second one too! (Serenity Volume 2: Better Days: Better Days v. 2)
on 15 November 2009
Serenity Those Left Behind is A Graphic Novel that continues the story from Firefly series and Serenity movie. it got a good story and very good artwork. i recommend it to fans of Firefly and Serenity.
on 23 May 2016
Item arrived ahead of estimated delivery date and was well packaged. This has been well drawn and the artwork is fine, the characters are portrayed exactly as they were in the show and the movie. Makes a good filler to bridge the gap between them both, too.
Several reviews mention that it is a bit short, however, the comic release was only three issues long anyway - this just groups them together (but yes, it would be nice if it was longer). There isn't really any 'new' information as such, but the story and the pacing is just how it should be. I will certainly be ordering the next volume.
on 27 July 2009
I enjoyed this graphic novel as the only way to get more of the Firefly series I fell in love with. How stupid of the American networks to kill off this involving and entertaining TV series. The book is well thought out and the drawings are faithful to the original cast. I have the TV series, the graphic novels, the movie and even a scale model of Serenity herself. They all gel together seamlessly, so if you admired any of the above, get the graphic novels to complete your enjoyment of this wonderfully realised conceit.
on 24 July 2012
Not a bad little story. It tells what happened between the series and the film, why Shepherd Book and Inara left the ship and why the Blue Hands didn't feature in the film and were replaced by that cool agent with the sword. Could of been longer though, read it in about 20mins. The art work is great and the dialogue stays true to the characters. It arrived within the estimated delivery date. All in all 4/5.
on 14 November 2015
Wheadon takes us forward from the end of Firefly to fill in what happened before the tragic events of Serenity. Far more in the mode of the series than the film we rejoin all of the characters for more criminal capers.
The story zips along at as fair pace and we also get some foreshadowing of the films baddie thrown in. Worth it just for the art and extras. Very reasonably priced for Kindle.