Customer reviews

on 9 July 2014
Fantastic prayers in this book! I usually fall asleep while trying to pray but I find myself being pulled in and engaging as I pray aloud the novena prayers in this book.

I've found that a lot of the prayers are old classics, but updated with modern English so you don't get so lost in all of the King James Bible style wording. That helps me not get distracted ~ I love the old English prayers but not when I am exhausted after a long day and finally have the kids in bed and can squeeze in time for some prayers haha!

The book itself is made of beautiful Bible type paper. So it's very lovely but not very sturdy ~ keep that in mind. You won't want to toss it into a purse or bag or it will get rumpled.
3 people found this helpful
on 21 July 2011
I bought this about two months ago, the book contains a background to each of the Novenas and this in some cases feel as powerful as the prayers themselves. I have been dipping and out ever since.

I am about to order another for a friend in need of special prayers to find a job and know that this be something to treasure!

There are a number of familiar Novenas in the book but the story gives adds something extra to the mediation of the prayer at the beginning.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 March 2008
This is a small prayer book full of big-time punch. I always find it hard to review prayer books. Either you like them or you don't, which is like most books, but unlike fiction or theology it is a much more personal reaction. That being said, this is a great book. I wish there were a hard cover edition so it could take more of a beating.

Michael Dubrueil does an amazing job in just over 350 pages of giving solid teaching on Novenas - both the history of Novenas, and how to endure in praying Novenas. He also instructs the reader in ways of encountering God, the reasons to pray Novenas and gives a personal account of some of the prayers he has used and God's care and provision for him.

With over 30 Novenas highlighted in the book and Appendices to the prayers common to Novenas, and the shrines associated with Novenas in the book, Michael covers the whole gambit of Novenas. The specific Novenas in the book are categorized as Novenas to:

1. Christ and the Holy Spirit
2. The Blessed Virgin Mary
3. Relatives of Jesus
4. Particular Saints
5. American Saints
6. Holy Souls
7. A Quick Novena

This collection of Novenas and prayers said over nine days will be a source of light, hope and encouragement in your life. Thank you Michael for this treasury.
on 13 June 2007
I so love this book. Dubruiel has done a wonderul job with this book, really Fab.

My top two favourites Litanies books is this one and

'Litanies and Novenas for your Salvation' by Susanna Magdalene Flavius