on 2 December 2017
Very useful book. Simple projects with suggestion for artists. Using for year five art club at primary school.
on 17 October 2014
Not the best. Activities aren't the most inventive.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 16 March 2012
Never mind rainy day activities, kids will be thrilled to use this book all year round, come rain or shine. It's excellent for busy mums and for art teachers too. Children of all ages will enjoy releasing their inner artist. Each lesson looks at the style of a contemporary artist and can be used in many ways. Uses lots of different media. 52 creative adventures. I think even adults will enjoy this - think of Picasso and his famous words about children and art. We need to find our inner child, that freedom to be uninhibited. This review first appeared on yarnsandfabrics website.
on 6 July 2012
A fantastic book containing 52 art projects - exploring all sorts of different tools and media - from pastels, to scribble drawings, to printing making, to collages. All the arty stimulation to keep you inspired and motivated for the whole year (and probably longer).

Wonderfully laid out - with a Meet the Artist Section (perfect for you "Kids Get Arty" project), Materials, Planning and Doing. Finally a small section on "Going Further" - giving you ideas of what else you could to enhance your art or use the technique again.

I also like how Susan shows her students - of all age groups doing different projects. Which makes me feel confident that we will get many years use out of it and that my children will rediscover projects again and again, whilst also learning a little about "real" artists.

Great projects. Great photos. Great book.

I am sure you will be inspired!
on 2 November 2013
I have bought this book as a birthday gift for my 8yr old nephew, but having flicked through it and read the blurb on the back I feel it is a book for adults to use to guide, teach, instruct children, not necessarily a book a child will use independently. However it looks very useful and there are some fab ideas in there and it appears well constructed and thought out ( based upon my flick through it) I bought it based on the great reviews here, but don't expect it to be the sort of book you can toss to your child to keep them quiet and busy for a few hrs while you get on with other things, I would suggest it needs your attention too. I am glad I bought it, but I am worried my nephew will find it a little inaccessible due to the adult style of writing and instructions. On the plus side it means I can go over to see him and we can work through it together. A great way to introduce children to different ways of making art and having fun while doing it.
on 8 January 2014
Theses little activities are perfect for all ages and are a good starting point for larger activities. I have loved using this.
on 14 June 2014
A fabulous resource/ideas book if you are spending time creating artwork with your own children or teaching primary ages. I originally bought a copy for my niece & liked it so much I bought another as a class resource.
on 23 February 2013
I teach painting to children and I am always looking for new ideas for woks to do.
This book has some very interesting onces to do with them
on 17 August 2016
My nieces loved this. The lil artists in the making were entertained for hours by this. Gave them great ideas and really helped improve their art. Fun fun fun
on 29 May 2015
Fantastic book for ideas. I have already used many of the idea and will now always look to it for ideas when planning art lessons for my class.