Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 November 2012
bought it for my 5y old daughter and kept it for me. I think this book would suit older children and adults too. Drawing are beautiful and still very simple. The words are great too. It develops your drawing skills for sure but I think you already need to be a confident drawer to make the best use out of it.
on 1 April 2011
this is such a lovely and simple book.
Within 2 minutes of opening the book I drew the cutest sleeping rabbit.
this is a great way to get to grips with the shapes that make each animal... the best part is it really does just give you the tools... you can create anything :)

Top book for children and adults alike!!
on 24 November 2010
You don't have to be talented to draw according to tips in this book. You don't even have to read the instructions.
My 8-year-old son doesn't speak English and he managed to draw a beautiful cobra.
on 18 August 2014
I saw this book in a bookshop in Taunton and liked it straight away. I bought it mainly as a teaching tool to show students how to learn to draw. This book can be used by anyone who wants to bring their own illustration to their work. It offers both entertaining and fun drawing instruction and techniques along with inspiring and sweet unique-style characters and elements. My students loved it especially the ones who always struggled with drawing.
on 9 April 2014
Super cute drawings. I got this for my birthday, my husband thought it would get me to sketching again, and the kids could use it for learning to draw. I'm not sure either of these things are going to happen, but it's great inspiration to draw cute figures for my illustrations, I tend to get too tedious then it all goes to pot. I think maybe once the kids are older (they are 3 and 4 now) they might try to follow the instructions on their own. Glad I have it though, I love children's illustration and it's a nice reference.
on 28 November 2013
My girls both love drawing and are always asking me to show them how to draw things - this is a super cute book full of lovely illustrations and details on how to draw all kinds of animals - very pleased with this book.
on 23 January 2015
Nice book but beware - I had to return mine as pages 17 to 32 were in German, not English! Obviously poor quality control in the printing and binding process. Such a shame as my daughter would have loved this for her birthday. I suggest you check carefully if you are giving this as a gift.
on 31 January 2012
I bought this for my 7-year-old nephew who loves to draw. He loved the book and had drawn pretty much every animal within the first week. It's also appropriate for adults - I had a go at a few of the animals, and I didn't always find the instructions that intuitive... a step or two seemed to be missing now and then. But overall it's a fun book with lots and lots of animals to draw. Very fun and entertaining for those who want to draw simple creatures.
on 31 December 2014
Bought this four our 41/2 year old so we could all sit and practice drawing. Pleased to say that despite being a rubbish drawer I have now drawn a recognisable crocodile and rabbit. My husband who also is not a drawer has drawn an elephant and a monkey. Overall very good-it entertained our daughter and enables us to sit and draw together but she is perhaps still a little young to follow it. We will see.
on 16 January 2013
This is a great, fun book for all those trying to draw cute animals - there are easy breakdowns of how to draw each animal. I am an adult who has used this book, but it is som simple and effective it is perfect for children and begginers