on 20 April 2012
Some good recipes in here which I will definitely try ... but I can't get over how many recipes, even savoury ones, have something called Sucanat added (which I have discovered is Sucre au Naturelle, seems to be a very unrefined sort of sugar). It doesn't sound necessary and I think I will just leave it out!
on 11 January 2014
As a recent convert to low carb lifestyle I'd discovered Jonny Bowden via his 'Unleash your thin' weight loss programme. Have been using my slow cooker for many years so decided this would be the perfect combination of healthy, nutritious recipes i could cook in the slow cooker.
There's a good variety of recipes but it is very US focused with the weights and measures in US cups and some of the ingredients I've never heard of so presumably are just available in the US.
Could also have done with a few more nice photos.
on 3 April 2013
Brilliant - Must buy! If your stuck for time and need good nutrition this is a must have. Do it!
on 9 December 2013
For those familiar with Dr Jonny Bowden, this is in the same mould as the rest of his books. There are some good recipes in here but for those of us in the UK, you may need to find substitutes for some of the suggested ingredients.
on 27 November 2015