on 28 January 2015
Amazing! I've made quite a few of them, the cheeseburger is my favourite. It's easy to follow and has jazzed up BBQ season!
on 18 June 2014
I love the recipes; they are very easy to follow and not too technical. My favourite from the once I've tried is the seitanic stufferer.
on 20 September 2017
Great book although I found a couple of the recipes a bit weird. All in all a good buy.
on 17 August 2015
best book ever for burgers. even for meat lovers these would be delicious.
on 29 March 2012
Love this book.. Although I have only made two of the recipes (after having the book for almost a year), the two burgers are the best burgers ever!! I almost don't care that Foodswings and Yellowsunshine are sooo far away from Copenhagen, when i make these burgers.
2 people found this helpful
on 4 July 2012
This book sounds amazing but didn't live up to the hype in my opinion. Too many US veggie/vegan books rely heavily on TVP and wheat gluten. (TVP isn't overly nutritional and very processed so I avoid it. Some of the combinations of ingredients are great but then some just seem very random in keeping with the 'world' theme. Its cheaper to find a few veggie burger recipes online that work and make your own combinations, using beans and vegetables maybe. I also found the mix between cups and grams annoying. Its a book that tries hard, and the effort is really there but it worth splashing the cash on other vegan books.
35 people found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 2 August 2011
This book is fantastic, the pizza burger is something that is now made every week and all the other burgers that I have tried in this book have turned out amazing!!!! A must for summer BBQ season
8 people found this helpful
on 20 November 2016
Not impressed so far! OK I have only tried one recipe, the Split Pea and Ham-burger but I have to say it was extremely disappointing. About 2 hours prep and cooking time to make something that did not resemble a burger much at all, more like a crumbly mess. I am inclined to get rid of the book already as I followed the recipe to the letter and it was horrible. Shall try one more and if that is not a success away it goes. Shame as me and my 5 year old were really looking forward to them!
on 3 August 2014
I bought it for the daughter and she loves it, I've even tried one or two of the burger and loved what I had.
on 17 July 2011
If you're vegan, then you should buy this book. If you're not vegan, you should still buy this book! My boyfriend bought it for me and I've honestly never had so much fun reading a cookery book, it's brilliant, and I really struggled to pick one to make first. All the burgers look lovely, and there is definitely something for everyone in there as there are a huge variety of flavours and textures.
Ok some of the ingredients are a little American in certain cases, but it's easy to substitute and tweak if necessary and most of the recipes only contain things vegans will be more than familiar with (such as tempeh and seitan)

There's a section on sides, one on sauces and even some tasty looking desserts as well as bread recipes for serving the burgers. In short: highly recommended!
13 people found this helpful