on 4 July 2012
This book sounds amazing but didn't live up to the hype in my opinion. Too many US veggie/vegan books rely heavily on TVP and wheat gluten. (TVP isn't overly nutritional and very processed so I avoid it. Some of the combinations of ingredients are great but then some just seem very random in keeping with the 'world' theme. Its cheaper to find a few veggie burger recipes online that work and make your own combinations, using beans and vegetables maybe. I also found the mix between cups and grams annoying. Its a book that tries hard, and the effort is really there but it worth splashing the cash on other vegan books.
33 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 July 2011
If you're vegan, then you should buy this book. If you're not vegan, you should still buy this book! My boyfriend bought it for me and I've honestly never had so much fun reading a cookery book, it's brilliant, and I really struggled to pick one to make first. All the burgers look lovely, and there is definitely something for everyone in there as there are a huge variety of flavours and textures.
Ok some of the ingredients are a little American in certain cases, but it's easy to substitute and tweak if necessary and most of the recipes only contain things vegans will be more than familiar with (such as tempeh and seitan)

There's a section on sides, one on sauces and even some tasty looking desserts as well as bread recipes for serving the burgers. In short: highly recommended!
on 26 September 2011
I was dissapointed with this book and certainly would not recommend it to anyone living in Australia or who is gluten intolerant. Many of the ingredients are not avaiable in this country, such as vital gluten flour which is included in about half of the recipes. Many of the recipes include odd combinations such as tahini and green curry paste which simply do not go together at all, and yes I have tried it. A lot of recipes include wheat and other flours and as such, sound more like doughs than burgers. I am only keeping my copy because it's too difficult to send it back. I will percevere with it, but I will be changing some of the ingredients and doing a fair bit of modification to the recipes that I will attmept.
on 2 August 2011
This book is fantastic, the pizza burger is something that is now made every week and all the other burgers that I have tried in this book have turned out amazing!!!! A must for summer BBQ season
on 29 March 2012
Love this book.. Although I have only made two of the recipes (after having the book for almost a year), the two burgers are the best burgers ever!! I almost don't care that Foodswings and Yellowsunshine are sooo far away from Copenhagen, when i make these burgers.
on 17 July 2011
This is the only book review I have ever written, so it must be good!

I have found it really difficult as a vegetarian to find a good BBQ book (cook book in general actually!). This is an excellent book and has loads of different flavours, textures and ideas.

I highly recommend this book.
on 15 March 2013
I love veggie bean burgers and thought this book would be a great addition to my veggie/vegan cookbooks but unfortunately it's another one which just doesn't translate well to English cooking.
Fiddly ingredients, specialist ingredients and constantly translating americanisms just takes away the joy of cooking and means that unless you live by a well stocked obscure health food shop you'll struggle getting some ingredients. I'll be ebaying mine this weekend.
on 18 June 2014
I love the recipes; they are very easy to follow and not too technical. My favourite from the once I've tried is the seitanic stufferer.
on 1 April 2015
Many of the recipes are not able to be followed for UK persons.getting the main ingredients is a challenge.can use it for inspiration.
on 28 January 2015
Amazing! I've made quite a few of them, the cheeseburger is my favourite. It's easy to follow and has jazzed up BBQ season!