on 26 December 2008
I was sceptical when they said their almond bread tasted like whole wheat (or rye when caraway is added) and was sliceable, but it's true! I've tried about 15 recipes so far, and each one has been delicious. The butternut squash muffins are unbelievably good - they taste a bit like pumpkin pie.

In the pizza recipe they mention oiling the pan under the "dough" - this should be printed in bold. With the modest amount of oil I generally use the dough stuck to the pan, which was supposed to be non-stick, so oil well.
on 16 January 2011
There are lots of some easy, uncomplicated menus, lots of ideas of how to put ingredients together and enjoy life without pain (due to eating forbidden food) or feeling totally restricted. I particularlly loved the Transylvanian Hazelnut Cookies, and the Ethiopian Chicken left me full and so happy. I want to recommend this book it is a great help.
on 26 May 2010
I purchased this book May 2010 just after my Husband was diagnosed Celiac and after reading review from snicker doodle about the Almond Bread which is one thing i was desperate to find a good wheat free bread recipe for us that wasn't white as he has never eaten anything but wholemeal bread until diagnosis I purchased immediately
to find this recipe does not exist in the book and I also discovered that unless you like cilantro which we don't the rest of the book is pretty much straight forward meat and veg combination with plenty of chilli and spice I would not recommend this book at all very disappointing does not appeal at all save your money.
on 28 December 2008
I am on the SCD diet and enjoy cooking. This book has some good recipes, though it is uneven. It is not written by a cook or chef and you can tell.
It can however be helpful for someone starting out on the diet. Many cookbooks have SCD compliant recipes so once you feel more comfortable with the diet, you can use many recipes books, for example Indian cooking or traditional French cooking.
on 8 May 2016
Great book. Have downloaded on my kindle app so can access from multiple devices. I love the intro. I have been following SCD for about 8 months and was struggling with bland recipes....not any more 😄
on 4 February 2014
Well written and easy to follow with excellent recipes. Will use this book all the time for my SCD. The recipes are variants of ones I already know from the SCD-world but still look very tasty and sensible. Will use this a lot.
on 19 January 2010
This book has some really excellent ideas for the SCD Diet. Suffering from Crohn's myself, I have already found it a great help. Especially love the alternative shortbread. And of course the pancakes. Yum.
on 1 June 2011
A good recipie book but would like to see a few more dishes without cheese in them. However I am enjoying experimenting with the recipies which are delcious even without the added cheeses.
on 2 May 2013
My wife has known for 7 years that she is a coeliac. Last year she realised that she has many other intolerances, and has to follow the SC Diet. We have been desperate to find recipes she can cook without problems - she was getting very tired of roast salmon and boiled carrots! This book opens up the range of cuisines she can consider; the recipes are easy to follow - even I can cook them. Highly recommended.
on 21 December 2011
Really nice and easy to cook food. Will be interesting to see if it helps. And good introduction. Bought the breaking the vicious cycle book too but this one gives quite a good overview of what is in the other book.