on 21 July 2014
If you have experienced a non-duality awakening ..... this is for you! When I felt a bit wobbly, this saved my sanity. If you only read one book post-gate, read this!
on 16 June 2017
One of the best books I have ever read - it helped me to understand many things and shift my perspective to a slightly more comfortable one!
on 14 November 2017
This book allows me to look safely at my experience as it feels supportive, its so true and honest. Helpful as authentic
on 13 March 2017
A profound book. Very interesting and insightful.
Easy to read and wholly absorbing.
on 19 October 2017
The type of book you can’t stop reading. If you’re awakening and trying to get into terms with everything you’re at the right place.
on 28 October 2017
Amazing. The book I knew existed but could not find. Sometimes scrambling to keep up but only because I am still waiting to be awake.
on 26 October 2017
love it
on 25 February 2014
There comes a time in the spiritual journey, when the surface world has lost all it's appeal. There is no motivation to participate in the drama, no-lows, but also no highs. When one awakens and presence begins to stir, there is a void and a new adjustment to the surface world. I cannot recommend 'The End of Your World' enough for anyone finding their footing in this new mindset, or I should say, mindlessness set. When it comes down to it, it's about not knowing anything for sure and not only accepting it but seeing it as the natural essence - your true birthright. When you no longer know yourself as 'the thinker', when you recognise your thoughts as conditioned ego-based side-effects, something arises, it is the essence, the One behind it. Freedom is not in controlling your thoughts and feelings but by accepting them and yet at the same time not buying into them - they come and they go.

This book is also written in a very down to earth tone and I'm sure it will resonate with anyone on the spiritual path and perhaps even those who are not.
11 Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 June 2010
An informative, rich and, ultimately, gentle book - although it pulls no punches. Well worth reading. This is a book of distilled experiential wisdom and, as such, of great value.
on 28 October 2011
When a friend suggested I read this I inwardly groaned "not yet another book on awakening" and after starting to read it my complaint quickly fell away. This has been the most helpful, clear and profoundly wise discussion I have come across on this subject. Adyashanti does not go into nice concepts and sweet sounding spiritual journeying. Rather, the writing in this book comes from true experience, grounded practice and high level clarity.